Snow storm/blizzard

I mowed my grass for the first time this year saturday!

You should really move farther north so you don't have to do that. ;)

You should really move farther north so you don't have to do that. ;)

Nope! I like winter.....to a point, but when it gets cold enough to drive your truck on the lake......well that's where I draw the line!

You can keep your feet of snow, your wolves, your bears, your hockey (what-ever that is) and your daytime highs of below zero temps.....I want no part of that. I'll cut the grass.

I will have to cut the grass this week as well. Gladly over scooping snow. Lived in North Dakota for 3 winters and while I didnt hate the winter weather entirely, I definitely dont miss it!

Got up to cabin on Friday, snow blowed the driveway. Snow all gone now. Today I frost seeded some clover and chicory and spread 480 lbs of pel lime. Had a great weekend with my family.

Calling for 4-8" this weekend. 3" last night. I saw the snow totals for my camp last night. A record mild winter at 170". Sure beats are typical 300-400".

I was happy to see most of the recent snow from last week has melted in Shawano Cty. Been traveling a lot lately and Monday was first time this month to check things out. Was glad to find frost was out of the ground, but not sure how much there was this winter anyway. Recycling a bunch of t-posts from previous plantings and got some new cages ready for some more crabapples and a few DR apples later in April.

Even with a mild winter, the browse happy deer nipped about 75% of the spruce I planted last year and that's with about 100 acres of picked corn field about an Aaron Rogers hail mary away at the bottom of the hill. Why? because they can. Lots of prickly ash for browse on my land, which they do like when its young.