Small Property, Big Bucks

Greta&Gus

5 year old buck +
My dad bought a small 6 acre piece of property to store his fishing boat for his summer trips. For the first time in over a decade I am hunting the Wisconsin rifle opener. I was only going to hunt WI if I didn't shoot a buck in MN, so here we are. I went to the property yesterday to put a stand up and see if it was even worth spending the money on an out of state license. It is, and I should have been bow hunting weeks ago. Glad to see a pair of daytime walkers, wish I was there on 11/2.

IMAG0005_zps268b0814.jpg IMAG0011_zps367cc02b.jpg

Good Luck!

We must have a different sub species of deer in MN. A touch of vampire in them.... they melt if they see the sunlight....

I checked my cams today. 1 pic of a buck TOTAL in the last 2 weeks during legal shooting hours.

Good luck on those. What a nice surprise to find them around!

i do 100% of my habitat work on a slightly less than 10 acre lot and i do about 75% of my hunting on the same lot. It can really produce dividends! hope you can connect on one of those rut swollen bucks!

We must have a different sub species of deer in MN. A touch of vampire in them.... they melt if they see the sunlight....

I checked my cams today. 1 pic of a buck TOTAL in the last 2 weeks during legal shooting hours.

Good luck on those. What a nice surprise to find them around!
90% of my pictures in WI are daytime. This area is completely different though. It is in a recreational community next to thousands of County land. No farm land around and I don't think there is any bow hunting pressure. Next Saturday will be very telling.

Good Luck