All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

shooting house

Davewp70

A good 3 year old buck
Would like to hear some opinions on what is the best skin to put on a shooting house, looking for durabiity and reasonable cost and little to no maintenance.

I used 1/2 inch plywood on my shooting house 10 years ago and put a foot overhang on the roof and the plywood looks great. I got around to putting 2 good coats of green paint on it last year, just for some added protection. Went to Lowes and picked up there reject, top and bottom sheets, of each stack for $10 per sheet. These rejects normally only have band marks on each sheet where the stack was banded. Hope to get another 10 plus years before I need any maintenance.

I used green treated plywood, only problem so far is the damn wood peckers wont leave it alone.

I would just use steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20170724_131756.jpg 20170725_095903.jpg

I used green treated plywood on all my elevated stands. They were all built 26 years ago and are still looking good. I did spray them all with Thompsons Water sealer about 5 years after they were built. I used conventional shingles for a roof. A second layer of shingles was added after 20 years. The new shingles should do the job for as long as I am around on this Earth.