shooting house floor?

Can always throw in a little adhesive on floor joists (in addition to screws / nails) before putting floor down (my opinion is not less than 1/2 inch)

The best floor I ever made was 2 pieces of 1/2" treated plywood (only 4'x4' so not expensive at all) screwed and glued. That thing is rock solid and doesn't make a sound (creaks, groans).

Surprisingly many factory made scaffolding planks use quarter inch ply on the aluminum frames. And we load the snot out of those

A more important thing is that most sheeting products have a strength axis and they need to be installed with the 8 foot length perpendicular to the joists or rafters (not a issue on walls generally). Makes a big difference in how solid the floor feels. Most sheets have it labeled with ink that is impossible to read so few people are aware of this

Good tip.

For floor construction....the thicker the better. and the fewer the seams the better. I use at least 1/2 or heavier ply wood. Use construction adhesive (glue the plywood to the joists) if you can and long decking screws to keep the wood in place. Then I simply cover with a piece of carpet.....as long as the blind is sealed well it's not an issue. If it's not then you just replace the carpet scrap with a new piece every year or so. The thing with a rolling chair is you need the carpet to stay put....otherwise it wants to roll and bunch up and it's just frustrating. You can fix that with using some "tacking strips" at the edges and screwing them down (washer can help as well).....you just unscrew to replace the carpet later if needed. For some reason I have better luck with torx head screws vs regular "+" type heads as well.
Well, I ended up getting the indoor/outdoor carpet that Jack talked about from Home Depot, so I will definitely use your method of tack stripping it down. Thanks for the tip.

Well, I ended up getting the indoor/outdoor carpet that Jack talked about from Home Depot, so I will definitely use your method of tack stripping it down. Thanks for the tip.
You can glue it down as well...just makes removal more difficult later if it's needed.

There are 24"x24" rubber backed carpet squares. Place these and then when you are wanting to clean some of the mud out. you just remove that square.