Selling carbon credits

$8 here as well

Looks like I got chosen for an on-site survey. Will be interesting to see how we line up access. I’m not leaving the gate unlocked

Looks like I got chosen for an on-site survey. Will be interesting to see how we line up access. I’m not leaving the gate unlocked
We got selected as well. From my experience in the ag carbon market, this is typically done on an incredibly small subset (think <3% of accounts). I am thinking they will be doing drones in addition to boots on the ground for the surveying in order to calibrate their GIS data.

We got selected as well. From my experience in the ag carbon market, this is typically done on an incredibly small subset (think <3% of accounts). I am thinking they will be doing drones in addition to boots on the ground for the surveying in order to calibrate their GIS data.
they were very generous with my credits…luckily the survey doesn’t adjust their number. Or maybe I don’t understand the formula and they are accurate. Seemed high to me.

they were very generous with my credits…luckily the survey doesn’t adjust their number. Or maybe I don’t understand the formula and they are accurate. Seemed high to me.
They were also generous with ours. We only have about half of our 160 acres in timber and they quotes us 160 credits. I can assure you that most have a higher quality timber count than we do. We will certainly help with their model reverting to the mean if it was over-estimating before lol.

They were also generous with ours. We only have about half of our 160 acres in timber and they quotes us 160 credits. I can assure you that most have a higher quality timber count than we do. We will certainly help with their model reverting to the mean if it was over-estimating before lol.
I have 250 acres and it’s all timber but about 75 acres is “crap” and they gave me 723 credits!

I'm in kansas and haven't heard of this plan,who is it through?I have around 80 acres of timber that I don't plan on cutting any time soon.

I'm in kansas and haven't heard of this plan,who is it through?I have around 80 acres of timber that I don't plan on cutting any time soon.
NCX. There is more discussion earlier in the thread on how to enroll and what the program entails. Unfortunately the enrollment for this program is over for next year.

My assessment for 85 acres, $75k stumpage value was 94 credits. Will anyone provide similar data about how NCX is assessing these? I think it would help us all.

From Dawgs post above, the credit assessment is the pivot point, not the $ per credit. If I’d have been given an assessment of 3:1 credits:acres then $8 would’ve put me close to the 4% discount rate they seem to assume.

Last edited:
NCX. There is more discussion earlier in the thread on how to enroll and what the program entails. Unfortunately the enrollment for this program is over for next year.
That was the round for the winter cycle. They are accepting sign-ups now for the spring cycle.

There is an interesting, but still evolving market for carbon sequestration. NCX is the easiest, shortest, and least restrictive of the carbon markets, and pays the least. As commitments become longer and requirements become more defined, the payments increase accordingly. I recently sat in on a webinar put on by Penn State discussing Carbon Capture. Some of it is very interesting, some might put you to sleep, but overall, it does provide some insight into where this is headed. Link below if interested…

Yep, my 10 dollars denied

On our farms we have had a forestry team out to do the on-site calibration measurements with NCX. On our 160 acre farm it took about 2 days. My brother's 60 acre property took 1 day. We picked the guy's brain for a bit on how the calibration process works as well as some restrictions on harvesting timber throughout the enrollment period.

For those who have not enrolled yet, I believe there is open enrollment now for the spring.

On our farms we have had a forestry team out to do the on-site calibration measurements with NCX. On our 160 acre farm it took about 2 days. My brother's 60 acre property took 1 day. We picked the guy's brain for a bit on how the calibration process works as well as some restrictions on harvesting timber throughout the enrollment period.

For those who have not enrolled yet, I believe there is open enrollment now for the spring.
Yeah they came out to me about 2 weeks ago. They called the day before to let me know. Told them that wasn’t enough heads up for me to get there and open the gates but he was more than welcome to park at the gate and walk which he did. Took him a day on my place. No clue the result of their audit but apparently it doesn’t matter in terms of compensation.

Did the forestry team pound these markers in the ground and then number trees with spray paint around them? I had a handful of these show up in the last week and was wondering what it was.

Attachments

• E418DC57-5136-492B-98C5-7B06F5C9DAFC.jpeg
    E418DC57-5136-492B-98C5-7B06F5C9DAFC.jpeg
    505.3 KB · Views: 27