Seed tote for fertilizer

John-W-WI

Administrator
Hopefully this hasn't been posted before.... A friend gave me the idea, so this year I gave it a shot. I used a seed tote for fertilizer. The tote will hold 2000+ lbs of any fertilizer I use. I put it on my skidsteer trailer, pull under the discharge at the grain elevator and off I go. Then I use my skidsteer to lift it over the planter or 3 point spreader.

It has literally cut my time to 1/4 of the time it used to take to get get a spreader (from the elevator), bring it to the farm, un-hook - hook it onto the tractor, spread it then reverse the process.

Here is a couple of pictures of Jake helping me fill the planter:

Seed Cart for fertilizer 2.jpg

Seed Cart for fertilizer 3.jpg

If you can get your hands on a tote, I highly recommend it!

-John

I have been looking for a seed tote for a few years for exactly that purpose. Where did you find your unit?

I have been looking for a seed tote for a few years for exactly that purpose. Where did you find your unit?

You can get one from any dealer for ~$700

I got lucky and had one given to me by a farmer friend of mine.

-John

You can get one from any dealer for ~$700

I got lucky and had one given to me by a farmer friend of mine.

-John
Yep, That's what I have seen. I wonder what they do with the units that get some damage? I have been looking but no luck so far.

Yep, That's what I have seen. I wonder what they do with the units that get some damage? I have been looking but no luck so far.

Find a seed dealer at the local watering hole and buy him a drink :)

-John