All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seckel Pear

ToddG

5 year old buck +
Does anyone have any Seckel Pear trees producing. I'm planning on planting a few in the spring and was wondering if they will drop from the tree if they aren't harvested.
Thanks,

I have 2 planted that are 5 years old and 20 foot tall. mine grow like weeds and have bloomed 2 years in a row with out any fruit. mine bloom early and I think late frost has gotten them every year. If it happens again this year I plan on grafting them over to a gate pear from the wildlife group.

I have 2 planted that are 5 years old and 20 foot tall. mine grow like weeds and have bloomed 2 years in a row with out any fruit. mine bloom early and I think late frost has gotten them every year. If it happens again this year I plan on grafting them over to a gate pear from the wildlife group.
Thanks for the info. I might look for a different one.