Screen

Howboutthemdawgs

5 year old buck +
Haven’t seen this in a couple weeks but got a pic this am which was encouraging. This is on my driveway to help hide the view from the road. Was very happy how it turned out. Literally just disc up some gravel and packed it. Mainly @Northwoods Whitetails hd screen and some Egyptian wheat for good measure. Threw some triple 10 by hand a couple times earlier in the growing season.
IMG_5367.jpeg

Last edited:
I planted some NWW HD screen later than optimum at my place in WI, I think early July. I'll take some pics this weekend to see how it's doing after 7 weeks. Will give it some urea before a rain within the next few weeks.

Me 3. Mine has been fighting to not drown i think. More damn rain today.

I planted mine Memorial Day weekend. Battled cold and rain most of June. It’s not great but better than nothing. I’ve had much better luck in the past.

ce5439947483cb4b7961ad4135a85d4b.jpg

Top of the field is the screen. Uneven at best.

After I said there was no rain in the forecast by me this front slid further south than anticipated and now they're saying .2" today. Guess I should have run that drill last night...son of a

20240824_093141.jpg

Beyond the brassicas you can see the screen. Its between knee and hip high. It should get 6-8' in my estimation which would be more than sufficient for my needs this year.

20240824_093900.jpg

The view from the access side. Next year this will all be planted into switchgrass so that within two years it'll take the place of the annual screen.
Here is some 2 year old RC Bigrock, 7-8' tall, 15' wide and no way of seeing through to the other side.20240825_121950.jpg

Me 4. I planted some NWW Sorghum in early July.....and it seems thick enough and is quite green. It needs a bit more height....but sure looks like it will do the job.

I'm trying to screen an entry for a stand in the middle of a 40. We need to sneak in....and I think this screen will do the trick.

Mine is lookin a little rough this year.. planted into the mud on 7/4 IIRC, been wet ever since..

Where I disced, fertilized, and sprayed simazine:81FF975D-B24F-4C79-BED0-98BC465C2CD6.jpeg351ECC9E-7C51-4567-B3BB-C7FE763C6E64.jpeg

Where I just sprayed roundup and drilled.. neighbors cows ate some of it though or it wouldn’t look THAT bad.0DE2787A-E8BD-4DE8-B611-833F45D612DC.jpeg

I checked another screen I planted along a road. Planted same time as the driveway screen. It’s between 7-10’ high I bet. The issue is it’s thin. Obviously my fault but the stuff does what it’s supposed to. And we haven’t had rain in a month almost.

Screen grew at least a foot in the last 5 days. Hit it with some urea last evening before 1.5" of rain, hope the nitrogen isn't all in the Mississippi River by now.20240830_153515.jpg20240830_154350.jpg

Brian did you buy a Titan blind? Kinda looks like it on my phone. What's your thoughts on it? I was torn between a Titan, Amish built, & Redneck. Went with a redneck last week.

Brian did you buy a Titan blind? Kinda looks like it on my phone. What's your thoughts on it? I was torn between a Titan, Amish built, & Redneck. Went with a redneck last week.
We bought 3 titans for the new land. Got a pretty sweet deal on last year's model. $2,400 with base (not stand) per blind.

I don't have any experience hunting them yet but I like what I've seen so far. Really prefer their hinge system more than redneck, but I love rednecks too, I have 6 of them.

Another titan overlooking 3 acre destination plot and 2 smaller kill plots.20240830_162732.jpg

This is my road screen. Unfortunately it’s too thin because I’m stuck between a fence and the row crops. But you can see the height. That’s good stuff

Edit: I should also mention I haven’t had measureable rain since end of July.
IMG_5418.jpeg

Last edited:
It's filling in nicely and above 7' in the highest spots. Anywhere from 4-7' depending on the area/planting thickness.

20240908_112333.jpg20240908_112111.jpg