Scored some stainless Cadaver tanks

Vermicompost bin is that just a compost bin or is there more to this and yes they would likely make a good compost bin.

Vermicompost bin is that just a compost bin or is there more to this and yes they would likely make a good compost bin.

You fill it with animal manure and a bunch of compost worms. Then you can add your food scraps to it. The worms eat everything and turn it into worm castings, which is probably the best soil amendment ever.

@Skeeter was kind enough to share some of his Vermicast with me this fall to try out. Between that and our garden plants appearing to be nutrient deficient im starting to look into a bin for our house.

My compost pile on the new farm probably 4-5’ deep. It’s a decades old cattle feed pile. On the other farm we push the feed piles up with bobcat every few years and spread it back out on one of the pastures with an old manure spreader. This pile clearly hasn’t been touched in a long time I was glad to find it on the new place I’ve got some areas I’d like to use this material. I’m still considering using one or more of the tanks for household compost and my chicken shed floor annual clean out. I had just been spreading it out under a couple fruit trees in the yard but composting it a bit probably do it some good. IMG_0131.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0130.jpeg
    IMG_0130.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 1