Scored some stainless Cadaver tanks

b116757

5 year old buck +
I bought 7 retired cadaver tanks yesterday $100 each. I’ll likely use them for cattle feeders or watering tanks maybe raised garden beds. They would be an interesting prop for a spook house lots of uses a little morbid perhaps. One of the guys at work thinks one would make an excellent beer cooler 🤮. I haven’t done the math yet but they look to be about 150 to 200 gallon tank capacity.

IMG_0039.jpeg

So COOL!

Who do you contact to find something like that?

Who do you contact to find something like that?
Facebook marketplace I buy a lot of off the wall stuff to repurpose this is perhaps one of the most interesting ones. I no longer mention to the seller what I’m going to do with stuff until it’s already loaded onto my trailer. I lost out on a semi load of pallet rack guard rails here a while back because I mentioned my intended purpose before getting them bought. Lots of folks are pretty unimaginative thats not an affliction I have.

They must leave those cadavers in there for a long time if there's a drain in the bottom🤢

I bought 7 retired cadaver tanks yesterday $100 each. I’ll likely use them for cattle feeders or watering tanks maybe raised garden beds. They would be an interesting prop for a spook house lots of uses a little morbid perhaps. One of the guys at work thinks one would make an excellent beer cooler 🤮. I haven’t done the math yet but they look to be about 150 to 200 gallon tank capacity.

View attachment 55205
Oh helllll no!

Do they smell, or stained?

Do they smell, or stained?
Yes I may use a little muriatic acid on any I want really clean. They pickle the body’s and medical students dissect them for anatomy class. I’d guess these tanks were in service for decades.

I have no idea why I read this thread but now wishing I didn’t. You’re better than me as I would never ever repurpose those.

Perfect butchering table with built in storage underneath. Good find

At least one needs to become an ice chest or beer cooler!

Actually the guy I bought them from said a butcher did buy some for his purposes 😳

You probably just landed yourself on the FBI's watch list...

One of those would make a killer vermicompost bin, if you are interested in such things. If you are not interested in such things, please allow me the opportunity to convince you.

Facebook marketplace I buy a lot of off the wall stuff to repurpose this is perhaps one of the most interesting ones. I no longer mention to the seller what I’m going to do with stuff until it’s already loaded onto my trailer. I lost out on a semi load of pallet rack guard rails here a while back because I mentioned my intended purpose before getting them bought. Lots of folks are pretty unimaginative thats not an affliction I have.
What were you going to use the guard rail for that they didn't like?

View attachment 55205
We need to work together...I use an old morgue to age my venison :-) Those look like they could be handy for several tasks.

One of those would make a killer vermicompost bin, if you are interested in such things. If you are not interested in such things, please allow me the opportunity to convince you.
Had the same thought but figured I was the only one.

What were you going to use the guard rail for that they didn't like?
Cattle working pens they simply hadn’t thought of it and when I mentioned it all of a sudden they where no longer available for purchase so now I’m way more cautious about mentioning my intended use of repurposed items.