Sausage day!

Telemark

5 year old buck +
Making five recipes. All deer sausage. Pork and pork fat in most of them. Beef fat in the "woodsy" one.

Attachments

• 20180203_133646.jpg
    20180203_133646.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 23
index.php

I'll just quote what my 6 year old said when he saw your coil. "I love it."

Simmer then grill, or what?

For this Italian recipe, usually simmered under a lid, then lid is removed and heat turned up.

For other recipes, the best method is to steam and then grill. Also excellent slowly grilled if you have a grill that can do it. And of course hot smoking is dynamite for certain sausages.

Looks great, Telemark. Cannot endorse it without free samples though !! :emoji_grin:

Looks great, Telemark. Cannot endorse it without free samples though !! :emoji_grin:

Thanks! It's hard work though. My kingdom for a sausage stuffer!

Boerewors.

20180204_161641.jpg

Does the recipe say to place finished product on ATV rack to firm up :emoji_slight_smile::emoji_thinking:

I'd like to know more about the process. Looks GREAT!

-John

Does the recipe say to place finished product on ATV rack to firm up :emoji_slight_smile::emoji_thinking:

The recipe for boerewors says to dry it for 24 hours. Otherwise, the garage just became a convenient fridge, and the ATV a convenient shelf. :emoji_grin:

I'd like to know more about the process. Looks GREAT!

-John

We made 6 varieties. Four of them followed a recipe, but two I just did on the fly.

Most important thing is keep the meat cold. And mix it like crazy to get the right texture. (Your hands will hurt)

Very nice!!!!