RR Seed Sales?

Garrett2006

5 year old buck +
Where can I purchased Round Up Ready corn seed at online? Thanks

How much are you looking for?

Where can I purchased Round Up Ready corn seed at online? Thanks

Sure, but to be legit you need a Monsanto technology agreement signed. I've purchased it from Rural King before. The first time they just shipped it and then kept bugging me until I gave them my Monsanto number. The next time I bought from them, they had updated the website to have you type in your Monsanto id when you ordered.

Thanks,

jack

IF your in an area that grows corn...just go to the local seed co-op and tell them you want RR corn for a deer plot. I do it all the time and I get opened bags and left over trial seed and the like...typically for free. Especially if your in need of only a bag or so. OR contact a local farmer and see if you can buy a bag from him...just do it now so he can add the additional bag(s) to his order. I can even find it at my local Rural king store in the spring. I tend to be able to get the left over from the farmers seed box off the planter as well. Dirty work, but well worth it. Big thing is having it in your area

contact your local national wild turkey club, we sell RR corn for $45 a bag, also have beans and sorghum

Enough for around 2-3 acres
How are you planting- are you broadcasting or row planting? Do you have a target population density?

Corn seed is typically sold in 80,000 count bags and most production farmers plant in the 30,000 to 35,000 seeds per acre population (but that is thru an actual planter) typically on a 30" row spacing. So if you are row planting a bag should get you 2.3 to 2.7 acres depending on the population rate. Also keep in mind that most corn seed isn't graded by shape and size anymore...so if you have an old-school plate planter you may need to do some trial and error to get things to work properly. I use an old 70's era plate planter and thought it's a simple machine...it can require some tinkering to get it to do what I want at times. I get a lot of doubles and don't control the row spacing real well, but it's deer food so I don't let it bother me.

I have no exp broadcasting corn.

How are you planting- are you broadcasting or row planting? Do you have a target population density?

Corn seed is typically sold in 80,000 count bags and most production farmers plant in the 30,000 to 35,000 seeds per acre population (but that is thru an actual planter) typically on a 30" row spacing. So if you are row planting a bag should get you 2.3 to 2.7 acres depending on the population rate. Also keep in mind that most corn seed isn't graded by shape and size anymore...so if you have an old-school plate planter you may need to do some trial and error to get things to work properly. I use an old 70's era plate planter and thought it's a simple machine...it can require some tinkering to get it to do what I want at times. I get a lot of doubles and don't control the row spacing real well, but it's deer food so I don't let it bother me.

I have no exp broadcasting corn.
Buying a 2 row John Deere 71, 1700 or an Allis planter. I haven’t decided one what model yet.

You can also buy RR corn direct through Eagle Seeds and it’s shipped to your door but like most (maybe all) of their seeds they aren’t cheap. They quoted me at 195 per bag, which when planted conventionally should cover around 2.5 or so acres.

That being said I echo what others have said about your local farmers. My buddy just stopped by one of our local farmers and scored 3 bags of corn, 2 bags of beans and a bag or two of milo that they can’t plant this year.

Buying a 2 row John Deere 71, 1700 or an Allis planter. I haven’t decided one what model yet.
I use an old Ford 309 planter... Its old tech, but does what I need and for $50 it was hard to pass up. I love planting corn for deer but man is it a challenge at times, weed control, rain fall (too much or too little) and soil fertility and amendments and then it seems like every critter in the woods want to eat it at some point or another...good luck to you!