RR Alfalfa ?

Deer Kar

5 year old buck +
Has any one planted RR Alfalfa ? If I remember correctly it has only been available for 2 or 3 years and is a little pricey.

If I am not mistaken, the use of RR alfalfa is frowned upon for food plotters. Monsanto wants to ensure that it is being taken off the fields and consumed by livestock to prevent it from having the seed harvested and resold without them getting their cut of the $. This may have changed, but if it has I have not heard about it. It is very pricey.

If I am not mistaken, the use of RR alfalfa is frowned upon for food plotters. Monsanto wants to ensure that it is being taken off the fields and consumed by livestock to prevent it from having the seed harvested and resold without them getting their cut of the $. This may have changed, but if it has I have not heard about it. It is very pricey.
That is correct with the Monsanto info as far as I know too. I have a farmer in the area that I hunt that planted it last year. I have not been by it to see how it is doing . Was curious if any one else has it growing in there area and if the deer are using the field.

From a food plotters perspective all alfalfa is round up ready. Established alfalfa is extremely hard to kill with it. Just like established clover, it will bounce back. I have yet to see alfalfa spread by seed. The reason it doesn't spread by seed is because the established plants send out chemicials to prevent the seed from germinating.

I would never grow a monculture of it exclusively for a food plot. In a mix, it has a place.