Rivers Edge Lockdown

bjseiler

5 year old buck +

Anyone ordered one of these yet? I'm looking for a two person stand and this looks pretty sturdy.

Looks like a good design!

I don’t have that model but I’ve got two rivers edge SYCT stands and a couple x-stands. It’s a great design and they’re very comfortable. Honestly the only thing I don’t like about my SYCT stands, and it’s a minor complaint, is that the arm rests tilt away from the seat - it’s comfortable that way but I like having a bow holder attached to the armrest and it doesn’t work on the angled rest. It appears that’s not the case with the lockdown stands.

I have a few... bowpro model.
I have had two cracked frames.The design and concept is great, specifically the way they attach at two points at the platform level.
Just be cautious of the size / type of tree you put them in. If the tree moves or sways a lot in winds, the double attachment is the downfall. Big tree - they will be fine.
Rivers edge knows of the issue but will do nothing. FYI.

Thanks for the tip. I think I will give it a try. Now if I can just figure out the tree to put it in. Moved my trail cameras all around and so far the only thing I’m sure of is I should be having a very good trapping season as there are raccoons everywhere.

Thanks for the tip. I think I will give it a try. Now if I can just figure out the tree to put it in. Moved my trail cameras all around and so far the only thing I’m sure of is I should be having a very good trapping season as there are raccoons everywhere.

That is really an art and some guys just have a knack for it. When I was quite a bit younger, one of my bowhunting mentors was a state target champ but also an avid deer hunter. One day he fell of a 6' ladder in his driveway and broke his hip. After his surgery and during his recovery, he could not use a climber. I volunteered to go out and setup a bunch of ladder stands that we would share. The guy was amazing. We would scout and select a spot with good deer activity. No trail cams or anything back then, just sign. He would just stand and look around. He would walk 20 yards and look around again. He would walk 20 yards in another angle and just stand and look some more.

He would then say. "Put the stand on that tree. Orient it this way. Most deer will come from over there and when they walk past that bush it will give you cover to draw. They will be at a 45 degree angle to your left which is perfect (we were both right-handed)." I would guess he was right about 85% of the time. The deer would do exactly what he predicted. I was amazed.

I learned a lot from him. It took me years to get even close to his skill with it. Picking a tree where you will see deer is easy. Picking a tree where you have a high percentage chance of having a deer in bow range (20 yards for us) that approaches in a way you can come to full draw and kill it is amazingly difficult. I don't think I ever realized how important things like back-cover were until I started setting stands with him.

Thanks,

Jack

For that kind of $ I’d look at a mellinium 21 foot ladder. Their hammock like seats are comfortable.

That is the one I use most. It is heavy and a real bear to setup or move, but once up, I have not found a ladderstand I like better!

That is really an art and some guys just have a knack for it. When I was quite a bit younger, one of my bowhunting mentors was a state target champ but also an avid deer hunter. One day he fell of a 6' ladder in his driveway and broke his hip. After his surgery and during his recovery, he could not use a climber. I volunteered to go out and setup a bunch of ladder stands that we would share. The guy was amazing. We would scout and select a spot with good deer activity. No trail cams or anything back then, just sign. He would just stand and look around. He would walk 20 yards and look around again. He would walk 20 yards in another angle and just stand and look some more.

He would then say. "Put the stand on that tree. Orient it this way. Most deer will come from over there and when they walk past that bush it will give you cover to draw. They will be at a 45 degree angle to your left which is perfect (we were both right-handed)." I would guess he was right about 85% of the time. The deer would do exactly what he predicted. I was amazed.

I learned a lot from him. It took me years to get even close to his skill with it. Picking a tree where you will see deer is easy. Picking a tree where you have a high percentage chance of having a deer in bow range (20 yards for us) that approaches in a way you can come to full draw and kill it is amazingly difficult. I don't think I ever realized how important things like back-cover were until I started setting stands with him.

Thanks,

Jack

I love my property. 130 acres. About a 12 acre lake. I do not have good access though for putting blinds in the woods. We have an interstate running on the east side and neighbors north and south. Pushpins are mostly cameras with the little hunter guys being blinds.

Attachments

• farm.png
    farm.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
I just put two muddy 2 man partner stands up. I was impressed at how sturdy they were. Very comfortable with a full platform and shooting and foot rest 17ft tall. They were under 200 bucks from the local shop here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just put two muddy 2 man partner stands up. I was impressed at how sturdy they were. Very comfortable with a full platform and shooting and foot rest 17ft tall. They were under 200 bucks from the local shop here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there are a lot more options with low ladder stands at a lower cost. Those extra few feet add a lot to the cost, but also the effectiveness for me.

Thanks,

Jack