Riggs field day/land tour

Riggsgwp->

5 year old buck +
Over the weekend I had a great group of MN guys show up to do a property walk of my place. If guys have never done this I would strongly recommend it. There's always a lot of information that can be shared/learned from these outings. I will be doing a photo dump here so bare with me.
The group enjoying some beverages and food.

The tractors are prepped for some field work and even a "waterhole"thanks to Freeborn;)

Some seed(alfalfa,red clover,chicory) which was planted with the grain drill

Some existing food plots

A lot more to come!

Some habitat shots

More to come in the future. Adding this many photos wears me out. It was a great group of guys and they had some professional advice:)

Sure wish I could have made it. Looking great!

WOW Riggs! Very nice! I don't even know what else to say. Great looking place!:cool: The crowd of hooligans.....eeehhh....yeah.;)

Sure wish I could have made it. Looking great!

Me Also!

looks like it was a good time as usual!

Great place Riggs, You should be a farmer!

Thanks guys here's some more

Native grasses and forbs

Windbreak plantings

Nanking cherry

Hybrid willow from Big Rock

Ninebark

Black hill spruce

Red cedar

This should be it for photos

One question I would like to ask the guys that came is, if you owned this land what would your most important project be in years to come? My answer is Apple trees but I would like to hear what you guys think.
Thanks again for everything, I'm very appreciative you guys took time out of your day.

Me Also!

looks like it was a good time as usual!

Great place Riggs, You should be a farmer!

Mo I have a question for you on that alfalfa plot if you see this. Art checked the ph at roughly 6.3 so what would you recommend for fertilizer come spring? I didn't add anything after planting but I know the alfalfa will need it. Thanks.

How many acres is this?

I need a land tour at our place dammit.

Mo I have a question for you on that alfalfa plot if you see this. Art checked the ph at roughly 6.3 so what would you recommend for fertilizer come spring? I didn't add anything after planting but I know the alfalfa will need it. Thanks.

Lots of guys use Sul-PO-Mag up that way. Without a soil test, I don't want to say for sure. I would ask a neighbor with alfalfa, or the Upsula coop. Your PH is plenty good.

Your place looks great Ryan, great job on everything. Sorry I missed your field day!

Lots of guys use Sul-PO-Mag up that way. Without a soil test, I don't want to say for sure. I would ask a neighbor with alfalfa, or the Upsula coop. Your PH is plenty good.

Your place looks great Ryan, great job on everything. Sorry I missed your field day!
I will check with the co-op thanks. Wish you could have made it you're a huge resource to us small time guys!

I will check with the co-op thanks. Wish you could have made it you're a huge resource to us small time guys!

From the looks of things you don't need much help!

I thought I was looking at pics of a 100+ acre place. That is absolutely awesome Riggs!

Wow.

Great looking place! I've gotta get to one of these land tours one day.

Thanks blb and bueller. I've strived for diversity on my property and I've owned this place for 5 yrs now with many of these projects happening in the last 3 yrs. Ive been busy soaking up info from Habitat Talk!

I missed the woods part of the land tour, but I am very impressed with what you have done in so few years.

You ask what you should do. Well I like my crab apples.

You may have covered this before I arrived, but do you have wooded or brushy travel lane planted from the future NW sanctuary leading to a specific spot to the southeast? You probably do not need it through the CRP, but a short line of spruce or shrubs could bring those deer to a specific spot on the SE side of the CRP. I have even seen one or two lone taller trees focus deer movement across a field.

By the way, Riggs can cook!