All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remington Trigger Replacement

I don't have any and have avoided model 700 because of this issue - maybe I missed out on a good rifle, but this trigger issue simply didn't seem to be something to mess with. Glad to see Remington is addressing the issue, should have been done long ago.

Yep, I have a 700 in 25 06 and never had a problem, thank god. I had never heard of the trigger problem until a few years ago when I saw a national show that uncovered the problem to me.

Nice to see a fix is being done.

My go to hunting rifle is a rem 700 20" heavy barrel 308 with after market timney trigger. 2.5 lbs is right where I like it. Have you heard the specks on the trigger they will be installing? Hope it's not the xmark pro trigger. I don't care for it

Last edited:
I skimmed it quick... How do we get it fixed? I have one Model 700.

My 700 is one of the recall guns. They are sending me a shipping box and label. Should be interesting. Thinking I should remove scope before sending.

On the plus side they gave me a discount on some overpriced stuff I don't want. "We apologize for this inconvenience, and we would like to offer you a 40% discount to ShopRemingtonCountry.com and/or Remington1816.com. Use code ROCSVC40 at checkout."

My 700 is one of the recall guns. They are sending me a shipping box and label. Should be interesting. Thinking I should remove scope before sending.

On the plus side they gave me a discount on some overpriced stuff I don't want. "We apologize for this inconvenience, and we would like to offer you a 40% discount to ShopRemingtonCountry.com and/or Remington1816.com. Use code ROCSVC40 at checkout."
How did you get that notice??? Did you call in to talk with them.....which then triggers the notice? I own two Remmy's and have given another 700 Remmy to my SIL. I have not gotten any notice. One is an old 721 my dad owned.....but two of those are late models.....one is a Mountain Rifle and the other is a titanium model. No notices. ??

Kinda wonder what let-off I would get back?

I posted the link above for you to plug your SN into.

I didn't receive a notice. I just saw an article online and I went to the website put in my serial number, it was covered by the recall, so I filled out a form, after that I was told that I would be receiving the shipping box and label.

The recall is for guns manufactured in 2006-2014 with X mark pro triggers.

This is the website - http://xmprecall.remington.com/

OK. There are TWO DIFFERENT RECALLS (yet both trigger related) GOING ON HERE. There is also a NON-X Mark pro trigger recall which affects all guns made since the 40's.

It will be interesting to see what the replacement trigger will be like, my guess we will end up with a non-adjustable mushy 8 pound tigger. I am going to hold out to see what customer feedback is, thinking I'll just go with a aftermarket trigger.

Are there certain years that are in effect for the trigger re-call? Is it just Model 700's or does it include 721's or other models? Is there a site that lists all affected Remmys?