Really? 300 lb buck?

John-W-WI

Administrator
Skip to the 4:00 mark for the action:

300+ pound FIELD DRESSED buck in Kansas? I've harvested deer from Ontario to Missouri and none of them were even close to 300+ pounds.

Maybe I don't shoot the big ones?

-John

I again love stories like these
they went thru the trouble to video every thing BUT the scale of it being weighted?
I think, IMO< if your going to MAKE a claim on VIDEO< WHY not back it up with video of the scale and its weight?
NOT saying it cannot be that, just I don't get why, anyone wouldn;t SHOW it on video, if they got one THIS HEAVY
as its not like 300+ lber's are every where?

they make suck a great effort to video so many things,, why leave that out if they Really did weight it?

Ha,
At the 4 minute mark he was swaying in the stand like me after my 5th rum and coke a button would have caught him.
When the deer showed I'd give him 220 to 230 field dressed. But it's easier to predict weight when their in the pen and you run them through the shoot. If that deer weights 300lbs. My fishing pole is a surf rod :D

The shot looked low to me & the video could be a commercial for the call.

nope.

It's tv, it is not real.

I've stopped regular everyday does, dead in their tracks, by just slowly turning my head 90° to look at them as they are trotting trough a tallgrass field (heading for a thicker conifer stand for cover)....no way that buck is free range, just walking past two dudes talking and swinging around in a tree.

And I'm with MRBB, no video of the weigh-in? Not believing it's 300#. If a buck is big enough to put on a scale, you know the exact number it weighed, not a rounded off perfect 300. Examples of this are found here http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/blogs/deer-pictures-real-slobberknockers and here http://outthere.bangordailynews.com...ter-bags-massive-274-pound-buck-near-jackman/.

And my own example; The one I shot 2 years ago (on the ground, at 20yds) was 204# dressed out, and yielded 76# of meat for the freezer....the deer in the video (when he's sitting next to it), looks to be only a bit bigger-bodied than the one I shot. Mine was 2 years past his prime at 7.5 years, but definitely not 100# smaller than that one.

20141127_1546522_zpsgfmxmh4x.jpg

That's a full 6gal bucket and a 8ft folding table. 19# of roasts, 10# of backstrap, and 47# ground scraps.
10423634_10101986603033561_7926302233349425268_n_zpsaizb5cls.jpg

That would be a big buck.

I think I remember reading somewhere about a 300 pound club in Maine or something?

I again love stories like these
they went thru the trouble to video every thing BUT the scale of it being weighted?
I think, IMO< if your going to MAKE a claim on VIDEO< WHY not back it up with video of the scale and its weight?
NOT saying it cannot be that, just I don't get why, anyone wouldn;t SHOW it on video, if they got one THIS HEAVY
as its not like 300+ lber's are every where?

they make suck a great effort to video so many things,, why leave that out if they Really did weight it?

No doubt it's a big deer but I agree with this. If you're going to make that claim, it's fairly easy to video the deer being weighed.

Great deer. I would not pass him up either. 300lbs? Probably not. Probably not even on the hoof. It is after all and infomercial.

I have shot a number that dressed well into the mid-200's here in WI and have seen much larger bodies so while not probable it is plausible that given an area with mild winters and ample food it can happen and it does. When it comes to TV though, it's just like people saying the rack is "X" inches when we all know it's not.

Isn't the record weight recorded at 511 pounds (live weight??) taken a long time ago in Mn? Pretty sure that's in Leonard Lee Rue's book.

googled it to refresh my memory...MN record dressed at 402, estimated live weight of 511. Said to had lost it's nuts and no longer went through the stress of the rut.

image.jpeg If this deer isn't 350 live weight, than I don't know what would be? Shot in NW MN this year.

Big deer, but kinda reminds me of fishing pics using "Guide View" The ones where the tail of the musky is held out way away from the person and looks twice as big as the fisherman's head. Still a really big deer and one of a lifetime for many.

Well I have never even got close to a 300 lb buck in the SE Bama pineywoods but a youth hunter popped a 146.7 lb doe on my place Saturday.

IMG_3701_zpsrepr4cks.jpg
IMG_3700_zpsbetbn2qw.jpg
b