Ratchetrake

Davewp

5 year old buck +
Has anyone used and have experience with the ratchet rake? Does it work well?

I have one I use on a jd 1025R. I really like it ,also have a piranha toothbar. Easy to put on and take off. Don't think I would go without having one now.

There were a buncha owners of them on Tractor By Net......and I think they had a thread on them. From what I read.....the users seemed to like them. I never thought much of the concept.....but I've never seen one work either. I'd do a google search: Rachel Rake Tractor by Net........and follow those results.

The video on their website shows a tractor pulling or back dragging a lot with one. I thought I've read that most FELs aren't designed to withstand much pulling force?

The video on their website shows a tractor pulling or back dragging a lot with one. I thought I've read that most FELs aren't designed to withstand much pulling force?
With quick attach skidders and in some case lightweight transmission housing, there is some truth. This is more for like tugging stuff with a chain in reverse, or stump pulling.

However, running one of those in forward is alot more brutal then going in reverse. Catching into rocks and whatnot.

I have one and its ok. Ever since getting a Wicked toothbar from EverythingAttachments the ratchet rake sits in the weeds.

For the same price, I'd look around for a used 3pt attachment to act like it. Spring tooth harrow or york rake. You can easily get one of these used for about $300.