Raspberry/blackberry varieties for screen?

Which way is South? I would take the sun and shading into consideration. If you want to plant that variety of trees, put the fastest growing tallest trees on the North side, and go biggest to smallest heading South. You wouldn’t want tall thick trees shading out your smaller trees years from now.
S on the picture below, south would be to the bottom of the screen, with west being towards the left...i might have to rethink this a little as this field gets all day sun, but towards the south side of the diagram, there is a patch of woods/bedding area with some pretty good sized trees that might shade some for a few hours till the sun gets farther to the west and can hit the whole field....also those hybrid poplars that i planned on putting to the farthest west side are also the tallest to begin with (6-7') and probably the fastest growing...I also have a food plot that would be east of the norway spruce (green triangles) that I don't really want that screen to shade out much (same situation with the brushy patch of woods below it)....I will think on this a little too...I may also run the screen not directly on a N-S line, but maybe more of a NW-SE kind of line so that it will get more sun and kind of "nudge" the deer towards the plot and away from the neighbors house...
sorry for my rudimentary skills with Paint, but here's my basic idea..
IMG_5528[1].JPG

Last edited: