Quick turn around soil test

WTNUT

5 year old buck +
Anyone know a good place to send a soil sample for a quick result soil test? I am pretty sure I know what is banked in by fields for corn this year based on the potash and phosphorus I applied last fall, but I might want to do a quick check on one field.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mossy oak

When i fed ex sample on monday, I have results by thursday(at the latest)

Download their form from website

bill

Mossy oak

When i fed ex sample on monday, I have results by thursday(at the latest)

Download their form from website

bill

Thanks. I have not seen one other their reports. Is it a detailed analysis? I know beggars can’t be choosers lol.

I just got this back Thursday from them, just to show you how much detail there is. They received it on 4/30 and I got the email back on 5/3soil test.jpg

WTNUT- I send mine to WTI and they are quick as well. It looks the same as Mossy Oak. One thing I’d like to mention is on the soil sample, check off that you want the results emailed to you rather than mailed. If you choose MO, I’m sure they have the option as well.

WTNUT- I send mine to WTI and they are quick as well. It looks the same as Mossy Oak. One thing I’d like to mention is on the soil sample, check off that you want the results emailed to you rather than mailed. If you choose MO, I’m sure they have the option as well.

The reason they look the same is that they are both done at the same lab - Waypoint Analytical. Check the address where you mail your samples - all 3 will be sent to 2790 Whitten Rd, Memphis, TN. Neither Mossey Oak Biologic or Whitetail Institute have their own labs. I just send mine direct to Waypoint Analytical and cut out the middle man. Plus....you will get CEC and OM results for the same price as the basic test. It did go up to $10 this year but that is still cheaper than WI and you get more info than the $7.50 Biologic route.

Here is a link to a thread on the MS forum where we just recently discussed the same thing:

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/threads/soil-test.612162/

That makes sense and that is the address I send it to. WTI does provide OM and CEC, but more $$ than Mossy.

Got my results back. I am glad I sent it in my PH is lower than I thought. All others were as expected. IMG_3572.JPG

Got my results back. I am glad I sent it in my PH is lower than I thought. All others were as expected. View attachment 18387

Looks like pretty good dirt WTNUT. Just mailed in 6 soil samples to Waypoint Analytical yesterday. They should have them by tomorrow so I may get my results emailed by Friday.

How is this for quick turnaroud?

I mailed my 6 soil samples to Waypoint Analytical, Inc, in Memphis, TN from the Norway, MI Post Office at 4:07 PM on Tuesday, May 15th. (Priority Mail - $13.50)

At 4:37 PM on Thursday, May 17th (48 hours later), I received an email from Waypoint indicating that they had received my package.

At 1:34 PM on Friday, May 18th Waypoint Analytical emailed me my soil sample results.

Only 69 hours and 27 minutes after I mailed them.

These tests were all the Basic S1M test which costs $10 each (up from $8 each last year).

The results include:

Soil PH, P, K, Ca, Mg, OM, CEC, % Saturation for K, CA & Mg, K/Mg ratio and Ca/Mg ratio. They also give you Soil Fertility Guidelines for both lime and fertilizers in lbs/acre along with the yield goal for up to 2 different crops. I typically do ask for 2 fertilizer recommendations for some of my plots because I rotate my beans and sugar beets around in the same fields.

I am a happy customer.

How is this for quick turnaroud?

I mailed my 6 soil samples to Waypoint Analytical, Inc, in Memphis, TN from the Norway, MI Post Office at 4:07 PM on Tuesday, May 15th. (Priority Mail - $13.50)

At 4:37 PM on Thursday, May 17th (48 hours later), I received an email from Waypoint indicating that they had received my package.

At 1:34 PM on Friday, May 18th Waypoint Analytical emailed me my soil sample results.

Only 69 hours and 27 minutes after I mailed them.

These tests were all the Basic S1M test which costs $10 each (up from $8 each last year).

The results include:

Soil PH, P, K, Ca, Mg, OM, CEC, % Saturation for K, CA & Mg, K/Mg ratio and Ca/Mg ratio. They also give you Soil Fertility Guidelines for both lime and fertilizers in lbs/acre along with the yield goal for up to 2 different crops. I typically do ask for 2 fertilizer recommendations for some of my plots because I rotate my beans and sugar beets around in the same fields.

I am a happy customer.
Wow, they're getting my money.