Question??

Ogemaone

5 year old buck +
Hey guys, since SLN isn't taking orders anymore, where can I buy some more winter wildlife and viola crabs. I planted 4 of each last year and like the idea of late hanging. I put 22 crabs total in last year and would like 8 more for this year. I have 4 wolf River, 1 Zestar coming from Cummings also for this year.

Nowhere that I'm aware of
That's what I was afraid of. Any other crabs that hang that late? I may have to learn to graft lol!

That's what I was afraid of. Any other crabs that hang that late? I may have to learn to graft lol!
From what I've seen, Yates hang pretty darn late if you're not too cold up there. Mine have done fine with 2 winters of -24 or so. You know the best answer, however. Get some B118 or Antonovka on order and get some scions from the guys on here or GRIN. Once you start that madness, you won't buy a grafted tree again.

Hey guys, since SLN isn't taking orders anymore, where can I buy some more winter wildlife and viola crabs. I planted 4 of each last year and like the idea of late hanging. I put 22 crabs total in last year and would like 8 more for this year. I have 4 wolf River, 1 Zestar coming from Cummings also for this year.

Just buy b118 roots and graft your own.

I was told in an e-mail that some staff at SLN is going to buy and re-start the SLN nursery in 2 years. They need some time to transition / change / re-tool for the new business. Mr. Bill MacKentley told me they are already helping graft a bunch of trees to get the new owner (s? ) started. Hopefully they'll carry a lot of the varieties that the MacKentleys did at SLN. I'll be pursuing this !!! I'd like a few more things from them myself !!!!!!

They are in their current catalog

I've gotten their catalog for the last 3 years, so I hope I'm on the mailing list. I'll be watching the mail box !!!

Chummer - you said you got the 2016 catalog already. MacKentleys never sent out catalogs until January each year. I hope they send to all their former customers. It would be good to see the inventory at this time of the year.

I've gotten their catalog for the last 3 years, so I hope I'm on the mailing list. I'll be watching the mail box !!!

Chummer - you said you got the 2016 catalog already. MacKentleys never sent out catalogs until January each year. I hope they send to all their former customers. It would be good to see the inventory at this time of the year.
Yes. There is a reason they are sending it early. They are hoping to get early orders to get the new guy off to a good start. There is a letter from the old and new owners explaining their thoughts.

Yes. There is a reason they are sending it early. They are hoping to get early orders to get the new guy off to a good start. There is a letter from the old and new owners explaining their thoughts.
Is the new catalog online yet? Can we order for 2016 already? Couldn't find anything about new catalog or owner online.

If they have a 2016 catalog, is the phone number the same?

If they have a 2016 catalog, is the phone number the same?
315-261-1925.
I am in the same area code so you guys will probably be getting the catalog in a couple days.

Is the new catalog online yet? Can we order for 2016 already? Couldn't find anything about new catalog or owner online.
Orders must be in by Oct 30th. Sounds like he will be selling existing inventory. At least you know they will be large caliper trees.

315-261-1925.
I am in the same area code so you guys will probably be getting the catalog in a couple days.
Thanks just left him a message!