Question on 2 apple varieties

AtomApple - I can't find anything on the Minn. 1734 for DR. We have one at camp, and haven't seen any real problems with it yet. CAR isn't a problem for us because our location is isolated and no junipers anywhere near us. (the alternate host for CAR fungus) We got ours from SLN, and so far - so good with the 1734.

I chose it because it's supposed to be an annual producer of heavy crops of russeted apples. Russets usually are a bit smaller with a brownish, velvety coating on the skins. But they are usually later apples and good keepers.

AtomApple - I can't find anything on the Minn. 1734 for DR. We have one at camp, and haven't seen any real problems with it yet. CAR isn't a problem for us because our location is isolated and no junipers anywhere near us. (the alternate host for CAR fungus) We got ours from SLN, and so far - so good with the 1734.

I chose it because it's supposed to be an annual producer of heavy crops of russeted apples. Russets usually are a bit smaller with a brownish, velvety coating on the skins. But they are usually later apples and good keepers.

My 1734 will be coming on third leaf. Gophers really set it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad we don't have gophers. Our curse is bears.

I'm glad we don't have gophers. Our curse is bears.

Bear numbers are increasing here and farmers ain’t happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My neighbor up North ain’t happy either. A bear tore the side panels off his shed to get at the bird food this Fall.
But, I’m going to try and plant some apple trees up there anyways. Last year was my 1st year up there.

If you can get those bears to climb a utility pole and get into 7,200 volts, it will solve a myriad of problems. It happened while I was working at a client in Eastern KY. No barbeque grill necessary......

7200 will do the trick!! We have no powerlines anywhere near camp. :emoji_rage: