PSA.....Ticks are active already!

I'm not sure what you're telling me.

Simply that we are exposed to all kinds of things that are risks. There is a risk that one will get bit by a tick and develop Lyme disease when in the outdoors. There is also a risk that the very low concentrations of permethrin from secondary contact with sprayed clothing absorbed by the skin could pose a greater risk then predicted over the long haul. Everyone has to assess those risks and make a call. Folks of good reason could come down on different sides.

While I replied to your post, my reply was less directed at you than making sure some newbie reading your post takes it as an individual decision, not the preponderance of the evidence.

Thanks,

Jack

I have had both RMSF and Lyme,my wife and one daughter have also each had one of the pair of virus luckily other than blood test and antibotics no real side affects.I have more ticks on my place than most people believe.I read you can put dry ice on a white sheet laid out and it will attract them to the sheet.I may have to try that.Last week I walked into my building across gravel got on tractor planted an acre of beans pulled back in building and had a tick on my neck

I have a lot of ticks at my place as well. I wish there was a way to thin them down. I got Lymes about 12 years ago. And this year one of my dogs got it as well.

I have a lot of ticks at my place as well. I wish there was a way to thin them down. I got Lymes about 12 years ago. And this year one of my dogs got it as well.

I had a positive Lyme test in my early 30s. I do spray permethrin around camp as well as the carpet in my trailer. That does seem to help some. The best solution to tick reduction may be coyotes! They can keep the small mammal populations in check and they are the host reservoir. It may not reduce tick number as much as the number of infected ticks. Of course ticks can carry all kinds of disease in addition to Lyme.

Thanks,

Jack

I had a positive Lyme test in my early 30s. I do spray permethrin around camp as well as the carpet in my trailer. That does seem to help some. The best solution to tick reduction may be coyotes! They can keep the small mammal populations in check and they are the host reservoir. It may not reduce tick number as much as the number of infected ticks. Of course ticks can carry all kinds of disease in addition to Lyme.

Thanks,

Jack

I would welcome coyotes. We just need to thin down the wolves the to allow for the coyotes to live.

I would welcome coyotes. We just need to thin down the wolves the to allow for the coyotes to live.
From a DNA standpoint, it seems they are seeing more coywolves these days.

Not even sure what this one is. But I am willing for it to take a dirt nap. It was 1 minute later then a fawn picture.
CE037C2D-450F-4F23-B595-50494F8C68A9.png