pre emergent impregnated in fertilizer

Nova

5 year old buck +
I have been talking with my co-op guy about pre emergent next year for my ragweed and pigweed issue. He is suggesting Verdict as a pre and says it can be impregnated into the fertilizer. I have never heard of this. Anybody have any experience with this?

Did it a bit when I was in the ag field.

Couple of issues is getting an even spread. Need a decent shot of rain to get it activated.
Can only use certain herbicides.
An need a decent # of fert hitting the ground otherwise it can get to soupy to spread right.
usually around 230-350# to the acre.

For the large co-op with the equip an blend towers it can be done an does work.

Not sure how feasible it is for habitat situations.

Last edited:
Did it a bit when I was in the ag field.

Couple of issues is getting an even spread. Need a decent shot of rain to get it activated.
Can only use certain herbicides.
An need a decent # of fert hitting the ground otherwise it can get to soupy to spread right.
usually around 230-350# to the acre.

For the large co-op with the equip an blend towers it can be done an does work.

Not sure how feasible it is for habitat situations.

Thanks, these are some of the concerns I had. I am leaning toward spraying separately for better coverage.

What are you wanting to grow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once was the coop guy, but that was long ago. I didn't know anyone still did impregnation. From a distance, It seems like a great solution for food plots. Yes, you need a decent amount of fertilizer, but if your not applying a decent amount of fertilizer, what's the point? A point or a quart of herbicide sprayed on 100 lbs of fertilizer shouldn't make soup. Oh, I know. There will be some water involved, but if the guy knows what he's doing, there shouldn't be a problem. He wants to spread fertilizer, not shovel goo out of the truck. Every pre-emergent herbicide needs some rain to move and spread it in the soil. But, I wonder about the need for pre-emergent herbicides in food plotting. I guess there are reasons, but there are alternative strategies. Not knowing what you plan to plant, I'll need to stop there.

What are you wanting to grow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am planting corn and soybeans in different plots.