All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pop up blinds for traditional archery

PRK

5 year old buck +
I'm Looking into a Pop up blind that will have enough headroom to shoot my 66" longbow out of. Anyone have any experience here for good pop up that sets up and takes down easily.

Tanks T_T. Hadn't heard of those blinds before. Checked out their web site. Good selection of blinds, reasonably priced and the set up/ take down video and blind features is what I'm after.

Where is Batman?

Ain't the Bat building a new one of those?

Still tinkering in the garage, but nothing final yet. Version I am working has no hubs so set up is 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds, but it can handle the all the snow MN will toss at it.

Still tinkering in the garage, but nothing final yet. Version I am working has no hubs so set up is 5 minutes instead of 15 seconds, but it can handle the all the snow MN will toss at it.

Any way to make a hub design that has a locking mech to keep it from collapsing brooks? Some kind of flip up bracing maybe. Save the speed of setup.

Issue is the hub system has to be 'pushed' through and snow is a demon to the system. I have 5 pop up style out right now and the early heavy snow killed them all. But you just gave me an idea.

I'm Looking into a Pop up blind that will have enough headroom to shoot my 66" longbow out of. Anyone have any experience here for good pop up that sets up and takes down easily.
Make sure you check the height of the shooting window in the blind. 66 inch long bow look for bottom of window at 28 Inches, and a center height of at least 6' 2" is my advice. Some of the bigger blinds don't have the window low enough to shoot that type of bow from.

Any way to make a hub design that has a locking mech to keep it from collapsing brooks? Some kind of flip up bracing maybe. Save the speed of setup.

The work around solution is to cut a straight, smaller tree to use as a support post for the roof hub. Just wedge it in solid between the center roof hub and the ground. I've left some blinds out all winter in WI, IL & MO using that method and haven't had one outfitted with a support (remove when hunting and prop back in place when done) that's snapped rods on me yet, but I rarely have one survive a good snow fall that isn't supported...I typically start using the supports in mid Nov on through when the blind is pulled.

P.S. Cut the support a couple inches longer than you think it has to be. You can always angle it a little and need that pressure for it to work. also, it REALLY stinks when you cut it even a 1/2 inch short and have to start over.

The work around solution is to cut a straight, smaller tree to use as a support post for the roof hub. Just wedge it in solid between the center roof hub and the ground. I've left some blinds out all winter in WI, IL & MO using that method and haven't had one outfitted with a support (remove when hunting and prop back in place when done) that's snapped rods on me yet, but I rarely have one survive a good snow fall that isn't supported...I typically start using the supports in mid Nov on through when the blind is pulled.

P.S. Cut the support a couple inches longer than you think it has to be. You can always angle it a little and need that pressure for it to work. also, it REALLY stinks when you cut it even a 1/2 inch short and have to start over.

Another thing that works well is an expandable shower curtain rod. It has rubber on each end and you can expand it to what ever height that you need for roof support.

Never thought of that, TT...That's a h311 of an idea.

Some of the telescoping window washing tubes are quite affordable and have decent locking features. (But some are junk....shop carefully).