Plugged disk

tooln

5 year old buck +
I know I'm not the only one who's had this problem so here's my solution. I was disking the plot today and got it plugged up between the coulters, it was packed in good. Looking for something on the wheeler to help get it out and the only thing I had worth a try was an old Fiskars saw. So a cutting I went and it worked slick. That saw is now devoted to the disk.

[URL=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/tooln/media/20140807_133708.jpg.html][/URL]

[URL=http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/tooln/media/20140807_133702.jpg.html][/URL]

Nice Loyal Disc!

I've only had mine plugged once and it was nothing like that.

I've plugged mine to the point it was more like a big roller than anyting else - somtimes you know better, but you just do things anyway. I had it wrapped tight with corn stalks and packed full of wet soil - either way - your pissed, but your the only one to blame.

Ours has plugged so bad it was dang near as thick as the discs too.... We have an old ice spud at the farm and it takes care of that nice and fast.
Its not very often it happens, but when conditions are right, it sure packs in there!

Never had mine plugged but have caught a couple rocks between the disc. Looks like a lot of green grass and wet dirt.

Why is it plugged? Only time ours would plug is if the gang was not turning because of a rock stuck or a bearing going out. Do those little disks plug a lot? That would get old.
I was working up a plot that had clover, chicory, a little buckwheat & a few AWP's in it. I had weed wacked it down to about 6" high 2 days ago. Took the disk to it today. A lot of green and the ground was wet.

All the above = plugged disk.

It doesn't plug that often.

Why is it plugged? Only time ours would plug is if the gang was not turning because of a rock stuck or a bearing going out. Do those little disks plug a lot? That would get old.

Nope. It doesn't happen hardly at all. I've only had it once. And it was because of too much vegetation.

mine usually un plugs if I make a high speed run with it over hard ground, might not be the best idea, but works by flinging apart the clods.