Plots planted 8-13-16 with not much rain

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I don't know how we have anything growing with the lack of rain, but I found some green when I checked today. We have had less that 1/4 inch in the last 3 weeks. Got probably that much a day or two after planting.

This is clover with a wheat nurse crop on low ground. Hardly any of the clover has germinated but the wheat is doing fine.

Clover, Wheat and Radishes on a little higher ground.

Looks like I will have wheat and radishes even if the clover doesn't come on much this fall. The wheat is already getting quite a bit of browsing.

Looks great Native!

Looks awesome, especially for such little moisture. You must be taking care of the ground!!

Looks good, just think how well they would look if you got some rain.

Thanks guys. One change for me this year was leaving out the turnips. Since I did see a little browsing last year on the radishes, I decided to put a few out this time. If they don't hit them pretty good this time, I may not do any more brassicas. I think when we finally get some rain my clover and chicory will come on out well, but probably isn't going to be very significant until next year. It isn't going to have much time this year. The wheat is being browsed pretty good already.