All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Planting Apple trees can leave a mark

Peeps

5 year old buck +
On Friday while planting my trees I had a slight misshap. I was up on a step stool reaching up pounding in the conduit to stake a Wolf River Apple tree I had just planted with my post driver. Everything was going well until I brought it up to high dislodging it from the post. When it came back down it smashed into my shin. That didn't feel too good but I was lucky as I could still stand on that leg. I said a few choice words and continued planting. This is what the leg looks like tonight. image.png

Ouch!

Post drivers can be a dangerous tool! Tore out the skin "web" between my thumb and index finger while in college while I was driving a fence post. Glad your injuries were not more severe.

Ouch is right! Take it easy Peeps and get well soon. You going for an X Ray?

Yikes!! You know what they say...no pain no gain:rolleyes:

Yowser :eek:

Ouch is right! Take it easy Peeps and get well soon. You going for an X Ray?

No X Ray. It sure hurt right away and swelled up nicely but I was able to stand on it without causing anymore pain so I was pretty sure nothing was broken. I said a few choice words and went back to planting. It only hurts when I touch it. No problems with walking so I think it will be fine. It sure looks nasty tho. I'm lucky, a little one way or the other and I think I would have broke the bone.

I would say your leg is at full pink Peeps lol. Ready to be pollinated :eek:. Be careful out there dude