Perennial peanut

Telemark

5 year old buck +
Any of you southerners every try perennial peanut? Apparently the southern portion of the gulf states can grow it pretty well. I was out at a farm where they tries using it for intercropping, and the local livestock annihilated it. I wondered if deer liked it as much as goats and horses do.

I wish I could grow that where I'm at. You southern guys have all the good stuff.

Even if I could grow them, I wouldnt. I cant imaging the damage a sounder of hogs would do on a food plot of peanuts.

Even if I could grow them, I wouldnt. I cant imaging the damage a sounder of hogs would do on a food plot of peanuts.
I'm north and have no hogs so maybe you southern guys don't have all the good stuff. Glad I don't have hogs and hope they don't end up here in my lifetime.

I would rather have hogs than wolves.
Two of my friends and I drove from MN to southern Texas to hunt hogs. They taste great and are a ton of fun to hunt - I'd take wild hogs for sure, but I don't think farmers would feel the same way. At least you can hunt the hogs, when you have wolves you can't hunt them and they eat everything that you can hunt.

Maybe Minnesota should trade a couple thousand wolves for a couple thousand texas hogs.

Two of my friends and I drove from MN to southern Texas to hunt hogs. They taste great and are a ton of fun to hunt - I'd take wild hogs for sure, but I don't think farmers would feel the same way. At least you can hunt the hogs, when you have wolves you can't hunt them and they eat everything that you can hunt.

Maybe Minnesota should trade a couple thousand wolves for a couple thousand texas hogs.
Yes, the farmers here hate them. They do a little damage here and there to my food plots - but I am not making a living off them. I look at hogs as a year round hunting opportunity. I have not experienced any decrease in deer density with an increase is hog population. No, they dont like feeding side by side - but my deer dont leave. I once killed 153 hogs in 6 months. It was also the same year I killed my biggest buck ever on the same property - and there were plenty of other bucks there, also.

No, we dont want to trade hogs for wolves.

We will probably get them from Canada.