Pears, anyone?

Those are some awesome pears you got there TC. My pear grafting all failed this year but I'll give it another try next spring.

X2 with Grey. Super looking pears TC !! I planted 2 Kieffer and 1 Morse hybrid pear last year. The Kieffers are about 6 ft. tall now and have several branches - one of them has 2 pears on it. They seem to grow more upright than the Morse hybrid pear, which seems to be a little more spreading and is about 5 ft. tall. All 3 were just thin whips at planting. All 3 doing well so far. Border of zone 5 & 6. OHF87 roots.

Grabbed an updated pic of the magic ayers pear tree. It seems to be growing up but not putting on any girth. I have never pruned it.

image.jpg

Pretty typical growth for most pears.

Man.....pears are my favorite fruit tree for the south. Easiest fruit tree for my area. No maintenance at all .just plant and mow around them and that's it. No spraying or nothing. Most of the time they have pears the first year in ground. Iv got I think about 28-30 pear trees.
I don't have many pictures of the trees.

This is a picture of the size of about 15-20 of my trees. They are at the size that they are really going to put on growth now.
Most of my trees are kieffler. I also have seckel, Orient, Barlet and a few more variety.

This is one I planted about 15 yrs ago.
It is usually loaded most years.

Awesome thread! Glad to see pears getting some love!
None of mine are producing yet but we have Kiefer an barlett
Then have a couple varieties from wildlife group called ms laneene which is supposed to be a late drop Kiefer an senator clark which they said was the best tasting, disease resistant pear they carried... Time will tell.
Got a couple olympic coming from turkey creek for next spring :)

Awesome thread! Glad to see pears getting some love!
None of mine are producing yet but we have Kiefer an barlett
Then have a couple varieties from wildlife group called ms laneene which is supposed to be a late drop Kiefer an senator clark which they said was the best tasting, disease resistant pear they carried... Time will tell.
Got a couple olympic coming from turkey creek for next spring :)
I'm thinking about ordering the pears ms laneene and Mabe another type or two from WGroup . Do you have to place order now for the spring or can you wait a little while and still get trees you want?

I'm thinking about ordering the pears ms laneene and Mabe another type or two from WGroup . Do you have to place order now for the spring or can you wait a little while and still get trees you want?

They stock allot of trees. Should be fine waiting till winter I would think.

They stock allot of trees. Should be fine waiting till winter I would think.
Ok...thanks, I just haven't made up my mind on an order. I'm sure it'll be a bigger order than I think.lol

Ok...thanks, I just haven't made up my mind on an order. I'm sure it'll be a bigger order than I think.lol
Keep Turkey Creek in mind too. He had a wide variety of pears last I heard. My trees I got from him looked great

Keep Turkey Creek in mind too. He had a wide variety of pears last I heard. My trees I got from him looked great
I saw him post pictures. He got a website?

I saw him post pictures. He got a website?
He has a FB page.. He emailed me a list of what he has for spring shipping awhile back. I'm sure he would do the same for you if you PM him