Paul Tree

Bill

Administrator
John,
Thanks for the "Paul Tree".

I have a spot picked out but i potted it for now. I want to kinda baby it this summer where I can water it and keep an eye things. I'll transplant to a root maker when it out grows its pot.

76762029-6085-4FBF-9C53-01F09F61B04C-184-0000004A35D5F869_zpsf6e9bd1e.jpg

Nice!!

Nice little surprise from John huh. I almost threw mine away cause I didn't know it was in the box.

What exactly is a Paul tree?

Here is my "Paul Tree"-- didn't know it was coming either with my shipment but what a great tribute. This thing is growing fast!
Paul's tree.jpg

Wow that's way ahead of mine. But mine broke bud and is doing well.

Planted it on Mother's Day. My hybrid willow and hybrid poplar cuttings are not doing this good, but all are growing (half this size). The bigger dia cuttings are doing the best!

I need to find a spot to plant it by the end of summer -

Any Paul tree updates?

I received mine in early May along with large order of cuttings. Put in refrigerator until I had chance to plant here at home on Chippewa River needless to say at my age I forgot to plant. The wife pulls out and ask if I am going to plant which was 2 weeks ago. I was thinking ok likely not much chance of growing. But didn't give up hope and planted. It is doing great. It will be moved to river bank in spring

Attachments

• Paul Tree.jpg
    Paul Tree.jpg
    292.5 KB · Views: 11
I'm surprised it stayed viable that long. Glad it made it!

As of this AM.

Cool summer, so none of my trees set any growing records.

3A9BA8C9-1BCE-4ACD-BEDD-545E2AA69063-349-000000803D391432_zps94a5e191.jpg

As of this AM.

Cool summer, so none of my trees set any growing records.

3A9BA8C9-1BCE-4ACD-BEDD-545E2AA69063-349-000000803D391432_zps94a5e191.jpg

That little guy will be weeping in 2 more summers. Guaranteed.

-John

This tribute is very humbling John thank you!

When I rec'd my cuttings last spring from John I noticed the Paul Tree. Was in the frig along with all the other cuttings. Somehow it fell in the back and was lost. The wife was cleaning the frig and put the "junk" along with the lone cutting in the plastic bag in a box in the garage. 3 weeks later I was cleaning and noticed the cuttings bag and looked at what was inside ... still the Paul tree. Thought it was toast and planted it in a pot anyway around Aug 10th.

A real survivor ... good sign from above for Paul ...
john tree.gif

Incredible! That says a lot about John's cutting's :)

Here is how my "Paul's tree" ended up on the deck before I planted it and caged it.

IMG_0707.JPG

I can't tell you guys how excited I am to see the "Paul Trees" in action. And they've done well! (despite some neglect, that I would be completely capable of myself)

I think we are gong to have to come up with another offering for this season.

Should we stick with Wisconsin Weeping Willow or go with something else?

I think we should stick with a willow of some sort, as they seem to fit the spirit of the tribute. But we have lots of other willows to we could use!

Thoughts?

-John

This tribute is very humbling John thank you!

You are very welcome Paul. It was our pleasure, trust me.

-John

for what it is worth -- I think you should stick with a willow variety