PA big woods bruiser

phil@thesidehill

5 year old buck +
A friend of mine pulled into my driveway last night with a bruiser of an NE PA buck in the bed of his truck! This buck came in bumping a doe. 181lbs dressed weight. Mainframe 8, with lots of character.
73aff8801a5f526ace8612e51d4525d7.jpg

30636ffe7b341cccc76b26c6f6547a83.jpg

c96efaf4a92a6ce83232c157ad97a45a.jpg

Sent from 25 ft up a tree

Darn solid buck there! Very nice.

GOOD LOOKING BUCK....

I need to come over here more so I can see what a good buck looks like..

Looking good over your way, Phil. I'm catching up on the forum. Congrats to your buddy !!

Nice one Phil, and carries his mass out real good. Sounds like things are heating up in your area.

When I hunted in PA that deer would have been all that was talked about over 4 counties.

To bad his front legs fell off.

When I hunted in PA that deer would have been all that was talked about over 4 counties.

To bad his front legs fell off.
yep....hes a really good one!

IIRC you used to hunt in Bradford County in the Wysox or Wyalusing area? lots of BIG deer killed in that part of bradford county...actually lots of bradford county produces some big deer. Check out this page. http://www.bcdeerandbear.com/

I took some of my better sheds up to their scoring event last year just to have them "officially" scored to see how close I was when i run the tape....i was actually within an inch on all of them.

yep....hes a really good one!

IIRC you used to hunt in Bradford County in the Wysox or Wyalusing area? lots of BIG deer killed in that part of bradford county...actually lots of bradford county produces some big deer. Check out this page. http://www.bcdeerandbear.com/

I took some of my better sheds up to their scoring event last year just to have them "officially" scored to see how close I was when i run the tape....i was actually within an inch on all of them.

Yep just outside of Wysocks. Back then it would have taken 10 years to kill what they showed for just 1 year in Bradford Co. Wish the guys I hunted with back then where still alive. They'd never believe it. But things were different then.

Yep just outside of Wysocks. Back then it would have taken 10 years to kill what they showed for just 1 year in Bradford Co. Wish the guys I hunted with back then where still alive. They'd never believe it. But things were different then.
Yep...one 3" spike was all that was needed to be "legal" back then. That club holds their annual scoring event at the towanda rifle club facility just south of the light on 187 in wysox.

Sent from 25 ft up a tree