All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ozone Room

Dukslayr

5 year old buck +
I’m in the process of having the plans for a shop/house drawn up at my farm. I’m pretty happy with what I’ve got and we are ready to start getting to work, but one thing I’m trying to figure out is an ozone room. I’m planning to add an ozone room off the the mud room. Does anyone have any plans or suggestions on plumbing an ozone room or closet and what is needed (I.e. size of generator per sq ft)? As I’ve got it designed right now just a large walk in 10x8 closet with boot dryers and such, but I can make it smaller. Just trying to figure out what others have done for ozone setups if you are into that sort of thing. I’ve been a believer in it for 6+ years.

I put up a soft sided shed. You won’t need a big generator. My cheap one from Amazon does the trick.

I don’t know of a formula for space???
The only thing I would suggest is a dryer vent on an outside wall that you can use to feed fresh air to the ozone machine. I’ve heard making ozone with ozone is a bad idea. Notice in my shed I just duct taped the hose to the back of the ozone machine.

http://habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/ozone-clothing-shed.6445/#post-154575

Not sure from your post but I'd say definitely put it in the shop and not the house. Turn it on, fall asleep watching tv, bad things.....

I put up a soft sided shed. You won’t need a big generator. My cheap one from Amazon does the trick.

I don’t know of a formula for space???
The only thing I would suggest is a dryer vent on an outside wall that you can use to feed fresh air to the ozone machine. I’ve heard making ozone with ozone is a bad idea. Notice in my shed I just duct taped the hose to the back of the ozone machine.

http://habitat-talk.com/index.php?threads/ozone-clothing-shed.6445/#post-154575
I’ve got a soft sided closet that I use now, but wanted something larger and more permanent. It seems like I would need a bigger generator than the one I have in my current setup...was wondering if I should run 2.

Bill -
When I look back at your pictures I can’t tell what kind of hose you’re running to and from you ozone unit. Are using a dryer hose for the incoming fresh air and a garden type hose for the o3 output away from the unit? Other than the fan, are you doing anything to disperse the o3? I was thinking about making multiple holes in the output tube to drop ozone throughout its journey down the tube...or possibly splice in some other tubes/hoses for multiple outputs? Thoughts?

Last edited:
Not sure from your post but I'd say definitely put it in the shop and not the house. Turn it on, fall asleep watching tv, bad things.....
It’ll be built into the back corner of my metal building, off of what will be the garage. You’ll have to go through the mud room/laundry to get to the ozone room. It’ll be separated from from the living spaces by a couple doors and quite a bit of space. On the preliminary floor plans (attached) you can see the closet I’m referring to circled in red...hopefully it’s far enough out of the way to be safe?

Attachments

• 00A274DF-D1EC-4D40-AF41-090BED2219F5.jpeg
    00A274DF-D1EC-4D40-AF41-090BED2219F5.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 16
I have a big ozone generator from 20 years ago and run it in my basement hunting room. It would eliminate sent on everything from the bow to my clothes. After reading about the negative effects of ozone in confined rooms,.. I decided to put in a timer and squirt it out in more limited amounts.

Just be careful on excessive breathing of it. Walking in a room and breathing it for a bit is different than sleeping in that room for 6 hours. Heck if you are in a blind with one, you breathing in some ozone. Same if ya live in a city.

Reminder though,.. ozone has a smell. If you put a strange smell in the woods, deer may be like,.. wait what is this new thing? They could also quickly tie "that smell" equals human nearby.

I prefer to use it at home and then hit the woods as scent free as possible as opposed one running next to me in a blind.

But yes I am a believer in the scent eliminating capabilities of ozone.

1568983558652.png

I have a big ozone generator from 20 years ago and run it in my basement hunting room. It would eliminate sent on everything from the bow to my clothes. After reading about the negative effects of ozone in confined rooms,.. I decided to put in a timer and squirt it out in more limited amounts.

Just be careful on excessive breathing of it. Walking in a room and breathing it for a bit is different than sleeping in that room for 6 hours. Heck if you are in a blind with one, you breathing in some ozone. Same if ya live in a city.

Reminder though,.. ozone has a smell. If you put a strange smell in the woods, deer may be like,.. wait what is this new thing? They could also quickly tie "that smell" equals human nearby.

I prefer to use it at home and then hit the woods as scent free as possible as opposed one running next to me in a blind.

But yes I am a believer in the scent eliminating capabilities of ozone.

View attachment 26311
I definitely do not intend to hang out in the room with it running. I also run ozone in the tree and have for 6+ years with great success. While it does have some sort of “smell” my deer have not learned to associate it with me and I hope they never do.

No output hoses. Just a dryer vent hose to bring in fresh air and a fan to disperse it.
Like beltchertown I use a plug in timer to run it in bursts.

Perfect. I see what you’re saying now. It’s like a bigger version of my Ozonics. Just looked around on amazon and it seems like there are a lot of options that a pretty affordable.

Not sure if you are hunting at land attached to the house but if I was i would add outside access so you can walk right out after dressing and right in from the outside strip down and clothes are never exposed to anything inside leaving or coming.

I just added a small 4x6 closet in my shed right next to my washer so clothes go directly in there after washing and then get bagged up right after. I am not fortunate to hunt where I live so didn't add outside access but would othwrwise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Not sure if you are hunting at land attached to the house but if I was i would add outside access so you can walk right out after dressing and right in from the outside strip down and clothes are never exposed to anything inside leaving or coming.

I just added a small 4x6 closet in my shed right next to my washer so clothes go directly in there after washing and then get bagged up right after. I am not fortunate to hunt where I live so didn't add outside access but would othwrwise.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, that’s one of about a half dozen changes I’m making to the plans...I definitely agree with you. This place is being built at my farm so I’ll certainly be hunting there.

I made a 6' wide, 2'deep, 6' high closet that the left half is racks and right half is for hanging pants, shirts, coats, etc. I made it as air tight as possible and bought an ozone generator off of amazon for somewhere around 80 and it has made a world of difference IMO. Located in garage that we change in and out of. Very handy when getting back from a hunt or going out. Its been in use for the past 4 or 5 years.

I have a steel double door cabinet. One side has shelves, the other side a hanging rod and coat hooks. I keep all the clothes on one side, all of my binos, pack, and other gear on the other. My bow is on the full width shelf at the top. Boot dryer is on the floor under the hooks/rod. I have at least 2 changes from head to toe in one cabinet. I hung the generator on the outside and drilled a hole to run the hose inside. I like the setup and it's semi-portable. That's how I do it in my existing structure.