Orange trees in KY

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Devil made me do it....:emoji_smiling_imp:
LUbPU8C.jpg

Do spray anything on your more susceptible trees - or just let them make the best of it.

Do spray anything on your more susceptible trees - or just let them make the best of it.

No, I don't spray anything. I have been careful to mostly plant highly disease resistant cultivars, and in the instances where something didn't work out as planned, I have topworked to something else. I have one tree left that gets hit by CAR pretty bad each year, but it's still always able to produce good crops. That apple is named Betsy Deaton. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else because of the CAR, but the tree seems to have the unusual ability to fruit well despite looking pretty bad. The worst tree for CAR that I ever had was Goldrush. That tree completely defoliated each year and never produced a single apple. It's now a Yates.

I have CAR as bad as you Native and do not spray anything either just use resistant verities. My Harelson tree crops well despite looking pretty badly most years so I leave it. My Honeycrisp trees just gave up and died back to the graft from CAR. So I feel you’re pain.