NY Gun Ban, 98% of state - Chummer?

I don’t know where to start. Cuomo passed the safe act about ten years ago that pissed a lot of people off. A couple of guys sued and 9 years later that was the case that just made it to SCOTUS. Prior to that pistol permits were done by county and requirements and permits were all over the board. My county getting a cc is almost impossible, one county over no problem. My permit only allows me to have the gun in my house unless I am on the way to the range or hunting. They call it the sportsman permit. SCOTUS said that is bs and a permit is a permit and it has to include cc. Our communist governor said okay then, I will just make it impossible to get a permit. Even more alarming is the private property part. It says unless a private property owner hangs a sign saying guns are allowed all guns are banned from that property. I can’t imagine any of this holds up but how many years will it take to get it back to SCOTUS. All these new laws also count as a felony. This new law also establishes a registry for all guns and ammunition sales going forward. After 9/1 anything you buy goes in the data base. I would be stocking up on ammo before then but we still have no availability and 1 or 2 box limits if you are lucky enough to find a caliber You want. Kavenough screwed the pooch on this. NYC has always banned cc, they ruled that was unconstitutional but he put in the state could have a specific list of places no guns are allowed. They put everyplace you could think of on the list. I don‘t know what this means for me. I already have my permit. What no one has answered yet is what happens to everyone with these restricted permits. Do they just become cc or do you have to reapply? We had a chance to vote this communist out until the abortion decision. No way a republican can win now, we must be able to keep abortion up to 28 weeks. We are also a no bail state so even if a felon gets caught with an illegal gun they are out by lunch.

sorry forgot what site I was on when I answered. We already had a thread started where most of my
drivel is posted.

From what I know, you should be able to get your CC now. I don’t know what the process was before with upgrading the permit. I do recall the State saying they were not going to rush into just handing them out so I’m sure they will delay as long as possible. I would get a PA permit. Easy application and that opens up not only PA but a lot of reciprocal States for the future. NY is a lost cause.

From what I know, you should be able to get your CC now. I don’t know what the process was before with upgrading the permit. I do recall the State saying they were not going to rush into just handing them out so I’m sure they will delay as long as possible. I would get a PA permit. Easy application and that opens up not only PA but a lot of reciprocal States for the future. NY is a lost cause.
For consideration before I needed a letter from my employer stating my job required me to carry. The was my county’s way of issuing as few as possible. With nightly shootings in the county I have no idea how all those people got their cc.

Guys why not just leave the state at what point is it simply not worth it to live under such conditions.

Reactions: Tap
Guys why not just leave the state at what point is it simply not worth it to live under such conditions.
For most of us it’s kids and grandchildren. Hard to leave them. Pair that with we live in large pockets of these states that don’t even come close to believing the nonsense thrust on us by the liberal cities. So we live amongst like minded people.

That’s the plan! I’m ready, however the spouse is on the last 3 years of a career and retirement so we’re stuck for a bit. Most definitely the plan though. There are lots of people moving out. The State has lost one US Rep. (good thing). The State touts only a small population loss but, the people moving out are taking their money with them. The people moving in are non contributors For the most part. Around here anyway. Literally everyone in my circle is either planning on leaving or already left. There’s always give and take and compromise anywhere you go but, in my opinion it’s off the deep end now and I see no way to return.

That’s the plan! I’m ready, however the spouse is on the last 3 years of a career and retirement so we’re stuck for a bit. Most definitely the plan though. There are lots of people moving out. The State has lost one US Rep. (good thing). The State touts only a small population loss but, the people moving out are taking their money with them. The people moving in are non contributors For the most part. Around here anyway. Literally everyone in my circle is either planning on leaving or already left. There’s always give and take and compromise anywhere you go but, in my opinion it’s off the deep end now and I see no way to return.
There's plenty of scandal around the reapportionment. Those blue states held way more congressional seats than they deserve.

For most of us it’s kids and grandchildren. Hard to leave them. Pair that with we live in large pockets of these states that don’t even come close to believing the nonsense thrust on us by the liberal cities. So we live amongst like minded people.

Liberal cities cause problems in other states,too, but not to the extent you are putting up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stopped worrying what the 'law" was when it would not allow me to protect myself and put me or my family in harms way.

We are fortunate in Wisconsin that our legislature passed strong concealed laws and the castle doctrine.

Kids. They are 16 and 12. My wife has built a good book in the insurance biz. Our plan is 6 months and 1 day somewhere else. Sell the house keep the camp. I will be here for habitat season through hunting season. It would be real hard to give up my camp at this point.

What I for the life of me can’t figure out is why when we get these major metropolitan areas do they always end up being liberal? If you put enough people in one place they all get dumber? Is there something in the water? Seriously what is the deal with this phenomenon?

For one the colleges brainwash them all. And if the government hands out enough free stuff, or just promises enough, the weak minded follow like sheep.

I've wondered about b1167's statement myself . I went to college & don't have an answer.

I live in a county that checks the boxes the state requires and hands out as many pistol permits as they legally can, one county over and it goes the opposite way. I have 8 years left before I have 25 years in working for the State of NY and I don't know where but I plan on selling the house, keeping the 22 acres next door where most of my habitat plantings are and moving. My daughter will be 25 and out on her own long before then so although I will be leaving behind some family it won't stop me from getting out of this sh1t show. Illegal Aliens have more rights than I do and I am done paying these crazy taxes.

For the most part, Upstate NY are gun toting redneck type that vote Republican, it is NY City that turns the state blue. Criminals don't obey laws, people that intend to do harm to other humans don't obey laws either. Gun free zones are nothing more than highly advertised soft targets with a bunch of defenseless people in them. Politicians know this, all this is intentional and agenda driven and they won't stop until they have disarmed all of us. 10 years ago I was called a conspiracy theorist for saying they are trying to take our guns, today it is the obvious truth.

Figuring 4 years, when the daughter graduates HS, we will leave… and that’s coming from a guy w 3/10s of a nice driveway who’s county has more cows than people. I got to keep 46% of my bonus this yr….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cities. Put any group of people together for long enough, you'll have a few bad apples float to the surface. Make them live on top of each other, and the bad apples' actions have a disproportionate impact on rules that govern society. You respond to what you see around you. Rochester is a mess, and if I lived in the middle of it, I'd probably want to outlaw guns too. After seeing kids you've known your whole life getting shot...or shooting each other. Yes, knee jerk reaction. But easy to appreciate.

The simple answer is enforce the laws already on the books. But there are no simple answers, just politicians who want it to appear that way. I am empathetic to concerns, but it's like we live in two different countries, and one size doesn't fit all.

What I for the life of me can’t figure out is why when we get these major metropolitan areas do they always end up being liberal? If you put enough people in one place they all get dumber? Is there something in the water? Seriously what is the deal with this phenomenon?
I'll just comment on my brother. He's pretty bright. Probably a high IQ, but not a ton of street smarts, but not bad. He was always very conservative. After college he took a job up closer to Chicago. Got married and has two girls under age 3 now. So he's been living close to the city culture for about 10 years now. He's no longer a Christian and now is an athiest. Last I heard he was still calling himself mostly a libertarian. I just see a lot of liberal in him. He claims he voted for Trump in '20 but he allowed his wife to vote for Brandon because mean tweets. He hates Trump, hates Desantis, has said before that my parents and I are the only people he even knows who like Trump. My brother owned handguns before I did, but now he doesn't even bring them back here to shoot and practice with anymore. His wife wears the pants. So long story short, yes I think people living in or near metro areas change and gravitate toward being more liberal.

Cities. Put any group of people together for long enough, you'll have a few bad apples float to the surface. Make them live on top of each other, and the bad apples' actions have a disproportionate impact on rules that govern society. You respond to what you see around you. Rochester is a mess, and if I lived in the middle of it, I'd probably want to outlaw guns too. After seeing kids you've known your whole life getting shot...or shooting each other. Yes, knee jerk reaction. But easy to appreciate.

The simple answer is enforce the laws already on the books. But there are no simple answers, just politicians who want it to appear that way. I am empathetic to concerns, but it's like we live in two different countries, and one size doesn't fit all.
The problem with gun laws, or any laws for that matter, is that only law abiding folks will follow them. Restricting my rights to guns doesn't make society safer, the criminals will still get them and use them for nefarious reasons.

The only way to make society safer is to make drastic penalties for people that commit these type of crimes. If you want to deter people from shooting up schools, give them a weeks worth of due process and hang them in front of the school without ever releasing their names. The media glorifies the shootings by covering it for weeks on end and plastering the names of the shooters as well as their full background, this only inspires future school shooters.