Northwest Greening Apple

Ben - I don't know if they are hardy up in the far north. I know they grow in northern Pa. and up in N.Y. state in some pretty cold areas. The seedlings I planted were about 16 -18" tall and were about 3/16" in dia. bare root. I got them from the Howard Nursery of the Pa. Game Commission. They still sell them for $6.25 / bundle of 25 seedlings. They will only ship to a Pa. address, so if someone in Ohio, N.Y., or Wisc. wanted to order, that party would have to have their seedlings sent to a Pa. address and have THAT person ship them out to the buyer. Their seedling index can be seen at www.pgc.state.pa.us Their order form has a " sold to " and a " ship to " address block.

The haws started producing berries in about their 5th or 6th year in the ground. Now they're about 15 ft. tall and very " branchy ", and put out loads of red berries each year. They're making their own seedlings now from dropped berries and they can be transplanted if so desired.

NW Greening is my 1st and 2nd fastest growing graft this year. I recently went on the GRIN website and I see they are susceptible to fireblight. Has anyone ever had issues with fire light on NW Greening?