Northern Whitetail Crabs

I'll be curious to see some pics of the Sheepnose apples when they start producing. I'm wondering if they'll look like my Black Gilliflower fruit

I hear they suffer from wooly aphid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be curious to see some pics of the Sheepnose apples when they start producing. I'm wondering if they'll look like my Black Gilliflower fruit

There must be several variations of Sheepnose. Stark Bros has one that they advertise as an early apple.

I think you missed the joke Stu..

Tough crowd.

I just hope to be alive when they produce o_O

There must be several variations of Sheepnose. Stark Bros has one that they advertise as an early apple.

I've got a couple of the NWC sheepnose in my older orchard along with a couple of the "Gray Ghost" a later season Russian apple that they carry that looked interesting to me so I am trying it. Those and the crabs I planted from them are probably around seven feet tall now and branching well.

Stu - I read somewhere that Sheepnose and Black Gilliflower are the same apple - different ( regional ? ) names. I can't remember where I read that. Call me " No-help " on that one. Maybe someone else can clarify.

Does the Russian apple come with secret wire taps inside:D:D

I agree it would be better if they advertised the rootstock in the future...hopefully on MM111 or B118.

They must be doing pretty well their website shows pretty much everything sold out for this spring!

I bet there clientele really don't care about rootstock.

I bought 5 of those trees and they are to ship the first week in April. I have no idea how they will do this far south, but we are getting ready to find out.

I'm also topworking some trees with wild apple scions from New York - so this is a year of chance taking and experimenting for me.

I'm game I have two coming

Me too.

3 30-06
3 drop tine
3 sheepnose
1 20 ounce
1 red delicious

My 5 trees from NWC went in the ground today. This is what the roots look like.

2 Sheepnose
1 Drop Tine
1 Grey Ghost
1 30-06

I'm done planting apple trees forever except for replacements.

I agree Native!
I am so tired of planting trees, planted my last few trees today from Raintree.
Hopefully I'm putting the shovel away until next spring and then it will be mostly conifers, fruit trees are a lot more work putting in....labor of love I guess.....

I agree Native!
I am so tired of planting trees, planted my last few trees today from Raintree.
Hopefully I'm putting the shovel away until next spring and then it will be mostly conifers, fruit trees are a lot more work putting in....labor of love I guess.....

I'm running out of room unless I want to convert fields to orchards.

PS: The Golden Hornets I planted last weekend are making leaves like crazy.

My GH are budded really good a day or two of good weather and they should pop. So far just my pears and peaches have leafed, one peach has blossoms so it's pretty much screwed for fruit this year, down to 30 tonight.

The root structure looks great on your new trees Native!

Good luck on the NWC trees, guys. Keep us posted on how they're doing.