New trail cam

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
So on my way out hunting tonight I find a trail cam on a trail that goes to my food plot. It is about 200 yards onto my property, so there isn’t any chance it was accidental. It is a cell cam, it looks like a Covert possibly. I walked up to it, stared at it, then went to my stand. I think on the way back I am going to see what kind of pictures are on my new camera. If someone wants it back, they will need to come to me in person, and explain why they were trespassing.

sweet, should be interesting..........

Write your number on a nontrespassing sign and put it in front of the cam before you take it. Bet he must have not realized where he was at. Awful silly to put a 400 dollar cam on purpose on someone's land. I am uneasy about putting them on some of the property I have to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Write your number on a nontrespassing sign and put it in front of the cam before you take it. Bet he must have not realized where he was at. Awful silly to put a 400 dollar cam on purpose on someone's land. I am uneasy about putting them on some of the property I have to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's probably true. I wouldn't have thought about that until after I smashed it though.
I don't know how wanderingeyes actually left it there on the way in. I need to work on my temper :)

If it's a Covert, it probably isn't working, anyway.

I can sympathize with you. I caught the neighbor joy riding his damn 4 wheeler through my woods. He used to own it and then lost it in foreclosure. He inherited 120 acres from his dad. Him and his wife remortgaged 80 acres to pay off debt down in the city, and then from what I heard she took the money and ran while he lost the property. I dont care if he lost it, its not my problem. I sent him a very clear message to never let it happen again and he said it wouldnt. I guess we will see. Really pissed me off that he did it in OCT. He had to drive through the entire property to get to this spot.

I would show no mercy on whoever placed their camera on your property.

MFDC0383.JPG

Prolly a conservation agents. What you do man? Lol

So on my way out hunting tonight I find a trail cam on a trail that goes to my food plot. It is about 200 yards onto my property, so there isn’t any chance it was accidental. It is a cell cam, it looks like a Covert possibly. I walked up to it, stared at it, then went to my stand. I think on the way back I am going to see what kind of pictures are on my new camera. If someone wants it back, they will need to come to me in person, and explain why they were trespassing.
With any luck they got a picture of themself when they set the cam up, I usually do.

This should be interesting...

If it's a Covert, it probably isn't working, anyway.

Oh that was cold ha ha.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not looked but I know Covert makes a WiFi camera, but not sure about the cell came. I have not researched the requirements of the WiFi cameras but don’t they have to be within a reasonable distance of WiFi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk