All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New this year - Missouri landowner Registration

Read up on this tonight… but can a guy shoot a coyote with this $195 Nonresident Archery landowner tag?

Didn’t find my answer . If anyone can clarify

Technically you’re supposed to have a fur bearers license to shoot a coyote. (I believe). But I also believe you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who gave an once of care if you shoot a coyote.

It’s not like your setting snares that might catch a cat.

Yote season is 24/7/365. I don’t think MDC is actively searching for yote poachers.

I shoot them when I can with no credentials to do so and have no bones about writing that out loud on the internet.

Technically you’re supposed to have a fur bearers license to shoot a coyote. (I believe). But I also believe you’d be hard pressed to find anyone who gave an once of care if you shoot a coyote.

It’s not like your setting snares that might catch a cat.

Yote season is 24/7/365. I don’t think MDC is actively searching for yote poachers.

I shoot them when I can with no credentials to do so and have no bones about writing that out loud on the internet.
Thanks. Agree 100%

They should just allow coyotes and raccoons to be harvested on this license with archery equipment… or with gun if it’s a gun tag.

Both are overpopulated on my place.

So if I read the rules on this tag, a NR landowner of 75 acres or more …their son or daughter could also get this tag ? Anyone read different?

So if I read the rules on this tag, a NR landowner of 75 acres or more …their son or daughter could also get this tag ? Anyone read different?

That's how I read it.

I think that is exactly right.

One thing that I was surprised by with these regulations is that you can't have the land in an LLC and still qualify for the reduced price non resident tag.

I think that is exactly right.

One thing that I was surprised by with these regulations is that you can't have the land in an LLC and still qualify for the reduced price non resident tag.
I don’t understand that rule ?

I don’t understand that rule ?
"Note: Property owned by limited liability partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, benevolent associations, and revocable and irrevocable trusts, do not apply to Nonresident landowners and immediate household members. The property must be in an individual's name and not associated with one of the corporate entities or trusts identified."

"Note: Property owned by limited liability partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, benevolent associations, and revocable and irrevocable trusts, do not apply to Nonresident landowners and immediate household members. The property must be in an individual's name and not associated with one of the corporate entities or trusts identified."

I meant I don’t know why they do that ? Maybe because you could get 4-5 landowner tags out of one property.

The furbearer regs are always interesting. In MN you can shoot and trap coyotes on your own land without licensing but licensing and possibly trapper education certs are required if not on your property. Wonder how that would play out if land was in a corporation or LLC?

I meant I don’t know why they do that ? Maybe because you could get 4-5 landowner tags out of one property.
Yes, I think that is the thought process. It might also be a slight barrier to confirming who owns the land. Although, when I confirmed mine that was just bought a few months ago, they just needed the parcel number and it was instantaneous approval, which makes me think they are not actually verifying.

Yes, I think that is the thought process. It might also be a slight barrier to confirming who owns the land. Although, when I confirmed mine that was just bought a few months ago, they just needed the parcel number and it was instantaneous approval, which makes me think they are not actually verifying.

Me thinks so too. I have different parcels, some in my name, some in a trust. The trust was approved because I had no idea I wasn't supposed to enter it.

Me thinks so too. I have different parcels, some in my name, some in a trust. The trust was approved because I had no idea I wasn't supposed to enter it.
I found a video from MDC that said that they used to use the honor system with people stating that they were non-resident landowners, but are now verifying. I know for a fact that resident landowners are verified every 3 years or so, but that may be because of farm tags.