New this year - Missouri landowner Registration

I just registered. Was a little hassle finding my parcel no. Found it by searching my name on the collector or tax page. On the recorder web page I found the instruments transferring title but no parcel number.

So once you register, the license can be obtained online at the MDC?

So once you register, the license can be obtained online at the MDC?
Yes you can buy it right through the MDC app. I did it last year. App holds your license, you can knotch your tag and check your deer right through the app.

Yes you can buy it right through the MDC app. I did it last year. App holds your license, you can knotch your tag and check your deer right through the app.
Do they mail you the tags?

not the tag is on your phone app. but maybe you can print it???

Either way the CO can see right on his computer that you bought a license

You get the tag digitally in the app - but are still required to print a paper tag and place it on the deer for transport - at least that was last year’s regulation if I recall. This year I’ve already printed off my tags but honestly the rules for tagging seem a little vague. The deer has to be telechecked the same day of harvest. You’re supposed to label a printed tag or a piece of paper and attach it to the deer if you leave it or transport it - but again, the wildlife code is a little
Vague.

You get the tag digitally in the app - but are still required to print a paper tag and place it on the deer for transport - at least that was last year’s regulation if I recall. This year I’ve already printed off my tags but honestly the rules for tagging seem a little vague. The deer has to be telechecked the same day of harvest. You’re supposed to label a printed tag or a piece of paper and attach it to the deer if you leave it or transport it - but again, the wildlife code is a little
Vague.
Hmmm, ok. Well I’ll go online and buy one soon.

Wish we had that option in PA. Only farmers can shoot deer for crop damage. There are no landowner tags. I don't mind buying a license but I can only get 1 maybe 2 doe tags for my area if I hustle and get all the paperwork in. Having property next to an unhunted 150 acres leads to a lot of doe. I routinely saw 20 doe in rifle season last year and that's only in a 15-20 acre part of it.

Vague.
We took a deer to MDC CWD testing center then dropped it off at the butcher with no paper tag. Just needed the numbers off the phone.

that may have been wrong but MDC never said so.

We took a deer to MDC CWD testing center then dropped it off at the butcher with no paper tag. Just needed the numbers off the phone.

that may have been wrong but MDC never said so.
From the MO DNR website: https://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/tagging-and-telecheck

As long as you stay with your harvested game, you don’t need to tag it. But if you leave your deer or turkey, you must attach a tag.

• If you have a paper permit, you can simply attach your notched permit to the deer or turkey’s leg. We recommend sealing the permit in a zip-top bag and attaching the bag with string, wire, or tape.
  • If you’re using the MO Hunting app, you must attach a label with your full name, address, permit number, and date of harvest to the deer or turkey’s leg.

Personally, I think the paper tags muddy the waters. It should just be one or the other - either have an adhesive paper tag or no tag that needs to be attached to the animal. Try dragging a deer out after you have notched and ziptied the non-adhesive tag to the deer. The current paper is almost worthless if you kill a deer on public in MO and you can't immediately tele-check.

From the MO DNR website: https://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/tagging-and-telecheck

As long as you stay with your harvested game, you don’t need to tag it. But if you leave your deer or turkey, you must attach a tag.

• If you have a paper permit, you can simply attach your notched permit to the deer or turkey’s leg. We recommend sealing the permit in a zip-top bag and attaching the bag with string, wire, or tape.
  • If you’re using the MO Hunting app, you must attach a label with your full name, address, permit number, and date of harvest to the deer or turkey’s leg.

Personally, I think the paper tags muddy the waters. It should just be one or the other - either have an adhesive paper tag or no tag that needs to be attached to the animal. Try dragging a deer out after you have notched and ziptied the non-adhesive tag to the deer. The current paper is almost worthless if you kill a deer on public in MO and you can't immediately tele-check.
Legally we have to cut a slit in the ear and attach our tag before moving the deer. Can't be around the antler has to be through the ear. Taxidermists love that. We also have to either buy a license in person or if you get online, it has to be mailed to you because it has to be on the proper paper. If you wait until the last minute when doe license applications are due (like me) you have to stand in line of at least 20 people to get your license. It's so dumb.

This NR landowner tag is slick as heck, 2 any sex deer tags, and 2 turkey tags for $195....easy and a very fair price!

Legally we have to cut a slit in the ear and attach our tag before moving the deer. Can't be around the antler has to be through the ear. Taxidermists love that. We also have to either buy a license in person or if you get online, it has to be mailed to you because it has to be on the proper paper. If you wait until the last minute when doe license applications are due (like me) you have to stand in line of at least 20 people to get your license. It's so dumb.
I have to now reply to my post. I was just reading that PA landowners can get landowner tags if you have over 50 acres. (I do not.) And even better we can now carry online licenses. Finally coming out of the stone age with our 3 Sunday hunts and online licenses.

This NR landowner tag is slick as heck, 2 any sex deer tags, and 2 turkey tags for $195....easy and a very fair price!

It’s actually cheaper for me to hunt in MO on a NRLO license then it is to hunt in NJ on resident licenses and permits and extra permits and hunting zones. So hard to figure out I don’t even bother.

The funny part is that in MO I let bucks walk that you would be excited to see in NJ.
Heck my property taxes in MO probably cost less then trying to buy all the permits required to hunt all the crazy seasons and zones in NJ.

I never checked into this late Muzzy season in MO… is that a separate license? Can it be NR landowner ?

It’s basically just an extension of the firearms license but only approved alternative weapons may be used. Missouri’s website is easy to navigate and gives specific information pretty clearly.

It’s basically just an extension of the firearms license but only approved alternative weapons may be used. Missouri’s website is easy to navigate and gives specific information pretty clearly.
I didn’t see a cost .. but it must be the same cost as rifle then ?

No inflation … still $195 to hunt deer and fall turkey as a NRLO In Missouri…

Last edited:
Read up on this tonight… but can a guy shoot a coyote with this $195 Nonresident Archery landowner tag?

Didn’t find my answer . If anyone can clarify