New Old scope

b116757

5 year old buck +
Over at my mother-in-law’s this evening replacing a couple common LED bulbs in her garage with a couple 100 watt LED’s we then help load trash into a trailer and she gives my middle boy a scope she found cleaning in the garage. It’s a new in the box Westernfield 2.5-7 power scope leather scope caps included. Paperwork states this was their top of the line center fire scope. We may try mounting it to a 22LR the boys have that came from her father would a fitting scope for that old 22. It’s also a Wards Westernfield gun. Doubtful that I can find scope mounts compatible with the rifle but it would be cool.IMG_0507.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpeg
    IMG_0508.jpeg
    98.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0509.jpeg
    IMG_0509.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 25
Nice! I remember when Weaver was the go to scope. Haven’t heard of one of those in a while either.

Nice! I remember when Weaver was the go to scope. Haven’t heard of one of those in a while either.
Weaver and Redfield were both premiere scopes back in the day. I am not sure of the 22 rifle you have......but you still may find mounts for it. Not sure who was making those rifles for Monkey Wards back then? A little digging on Google should find you some answers. Is it a pump action or bolt action? (try to google Western Field pump action 22 rifle - for example)