New Gun Thread!

SD51555

5 year old buck +
I picked up my new Henry Mare's Leg .22LR yesterday. It was love at first sight. $349 out the door.
photo.JPG

Nice gun^.

I recently bought a Ruger SP 101, 357 mag, 4" bbl with adjustable sighths. Got it shooting pretty good and can ding 5 out of 5 steel plates at 25 yards. That is good for my skills so far.

This small 5 shot revolver makes a good trail gun.....not too big / not too small to carry on your belt.....but just a tad big for every-day concealed carry. The good thing is....you can hit something with a gun this size and it has great sights. 357 is enough power for most critters I deal with.....and I can reload econmically for lots of practice.

My goal is to learn how to shoot a handgun accurately and reliably in this lifetime. Elusive.

Last edited:
image.jpg
A pic of the trail gun above. ( I finally learnt how to upload a pic here - yowser!)

Nice gun^.

I recently bought a Ruger SP 101, 357 mag, 4" bbl with adjustable sighths. Got it shooting pretty good and can ding 5 out of 5 steel plates at 25 yards. That is good for my skills so far.

This small 5 shot revolver makes a good trail gun.....not too big / not too small to carry on your belt.....but just a tad big for every-day concealed carry. The good thing is....you can hit something with a gun this size and it has great sights. 357 is enough power for most critters I deal with.....and I can reload econmically for lots of practice.

My goal is to learn how to shoot a handgun accurately and reliably in this lifetime. Elusive.
I'm a big fan of revolvers Fog. That there is a nice weapon yourself. I've also been trying to acquire some accuracy behind a pistol and it's not easy. I'm not sure what a reasonable expectation of accuracy is. I'd be happy with 5 outta 5 at 25 yards on a 2 foot square at this point. I'm also trying to develop that skill without using the sights or closing one eye.

View attachment 1868
A pic of the trail gun above. ( I finally learnt how to upload a pic here - yowser!)

Way to go Foggy & who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

I've had it a while now but the LCR with crimson laser grips is my newest.

p3.jpg

I've had it a while now but the LCR with crimson laser grips is my newest.

View attachment 1873
You have good taste Tooln. :0 I own one of those LCR's too.....and it is small enough for carry and as a truck gun. The laser grips make it a viable self defense weapon for me. Great for learning to shoot a small revolver too. They are good guns for the intended purpose....just not as much fun to shoot at the range .

Nice LCR but I like the other one in the pic. Is that a P89? I bought one a few years back and did some modification to it.

image.jpg

I recently got a bushmaster 223.
My first black gun. :)

Man is that fun to shoot!!!

Nice LCR but I like the other one in the pic. Is that a P89? I bought one a few years back and did some modification to it.
Yes, it an P-89. What mods did you do?

P89 triggers to me are uncomfortable and very heavy/rough. I put a P95 trigger on and also changed out the 22lb hammer spring to a Wolff 19 lb hammer spring. I also filed the trigger some but it isn't imperative to do so. Also changed out grips and changed sight color.

I recently got a bushmaster 223.
My first black gun. :)

Man is that fun to shoot!!!
That's a grown man's Barbie doll. No limit to the accessories. I've got a DPMS .223 myself. Darn handy once you get it set up.

I just got 3 more bolt carrier groups on sale this weekend. When I start pulling AR's out of the safe it's like a clown car. :)

Picked these up this summer and finally go them scoped. ruger american rimfire 17hmr (Got sick of .22 ammo drama). Ruger american 243 compact. I hope to use the 17 for a ranch rifle and also to train my boys how to drive tacks. The 243 will be used by my wife an boys as well. If it gets banged or beat up who cares. I got the trigger turned down to a crsip 2.75lbs. Heck I may hunt with this lil sucker too. I havnt shot it yet but picked up some 100gr hornadys btsp. Hope it shoots
image (24).jpeg