Never a boring moment

^^^sagging vinyl is one of my pet peeves. I see so many houses with "rippling" vinyl siding.....

It ripples cause they nail it on too tight. It needs to move back and forth with the elements. That's why the nailing flange is over an inch wide and you nail in the middle of it. Way too often I see guys that will nail it snug and it can do nothing but bulge out when it warms up cause it cant move.

And on a side note, I love vinyl. Especially when it gets drilled by golf-ball sized and bigger hail. Means more dollars in my pocket. Shingles too. and dont forget Certainteed organics and discontinued siding products. I love turning all of those things into improved deer habitat.

Bs what shingle do u work with?

Bs what shingle do u work with?

I do love Certainteed organics cause they have made me lots of money replacing failing roofs. Certain shingles from Menards are good for that too.

In defense of Certainteed they do make the best shingle now if u ask me. I like the Landmarks considerably more than GAF Timberlines or anything else that is out there.

The nail strip in these Owens Corning durations are a pain to cut. It's like Kevlar or something. Man it's so easy laying these new shingles without the tabs.
It's rained everyday the last 5 days I've been working on it. Shingling this roof got us out of a drought haha. No more roofing for 4 days so things are gonna dry up.

PICT0566.JPG PICT0578.JPG PICT0587.JPG
The nail strip in these Owens Corning durations are a pain to cut. It's like Kevlar or something. Man it's so easy laying these new shingles without the tabs.
It's rained everyday the last 5 days I've been working on it. Shingling this roof got us out of a drought haha. No more roofing for 4 days so things are gonna dry up.

Are you using hook blades to cut the shingles?? For as warm as it has been they go right through them like butter. Here is the one I did on Wednesday. Had to cut in the ridge vent. It did have an existing ridge vent, but whoever did it ran the plywood all the way to the peak. I cut it open and replaced a few pieces of rotten plywood. They should be happy when the get home from vacation.

Our XT30's (or 35's?) were pretty easy to work with and have held up well given the abuse they've seen.

I wouldn't buy the stuff HD/lowes/menards carries in store for a dog house. I think straight 30# paper has more sheer strength than what I've looked at there.

View attachment 5278 View attachment 5279 View attachment 5280

Are you using hook blades to cut the shingles?? For as warm as it has been they go right through them like butter. Here is the one I did on Wednesday. Had to cut in the ridge vent. It did have an existing ridge vent, but whoever did it ran the plywood all the way to the peak. I cut it open and replaced a few pieces of rotten plywood. They should be happy when the get home from vacation.
How did they know it was wrong? Generally that stupidity gets concealed till shingles start turning up from the heat.
Ya the shingles cut like butter in 75 plus, but that damn nail tab. If it stays together that must mean it's half ass durable.

They didnt know it was wrong. I reroofed the entire house and found it along with the moist plywood once we tore the shingles off. I suspect that the plywood by the flue pipe was turning bad cause the flue pipe had some cracks and the ridge had no venting. It was kinda trapping the moisture between those rafters.

I hope they arent mad, but I am charging an extra $190 for the four pieces of plywood and cutting open and re-nailing the ridge. The four piece of 1/2 CDX were $93. The rest for labor. Replaced the flue pipe and cap as well. Should be good to go now. PICT0568.JPGPICT0569.JPG PICT0579.JPG PICT0582.JPG PICT0583.JPG PICT0585.JPG

Attachments

• PICT0576.JPG
    PICT0576.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 13
Dr. During the week roofer on the weekend
0C71516C-C31C-4FA7-8EFD-6533F0AB3C8C.jpg

Cmon Dipper lets see more pictures.

Leo S013.JPG PICT0017.JPG PICT0034.JPG SANY0328.JPG

dipper..back to your chickens. We've got 23 of the same (Cornish crosses) that are about 3 weeks away from butchering. Pretty amazing how quickly they grow. Damn things do nothing but eat all day.
23 that's a lot of poop. 11 is enough for us. How old are u letting them get? I think we went 8 weeks last year, but lost one due to it getting too large. They will eat themselves to death.
Haha I can't get one thing done I have so many rings in the fire. Can't take pics to the jobs done. I've been working 18 and 16 hour days, and really getting sick of it. Maybe next week the roof will b on.

It's on! Roughly 36 square
951A43F4-EFF8-42F6-99CD-CEE1D9937CCC.jpg

Extended the top roof below chimney and created that valley for an addition
B61A96C0-DE8E-4EFF-831A-8EBD48F1BE49.jpg

Addition will be a little shy of 400 square feet, which will replace the patio
FD49FE21-86BC-4A7A-B395-6E7A8FB1EE1D.jpg

Chickens are growing like crazy.
4A5B9BDB-15D0-4CEE-AF94-5A4F03DE46CF.jpg

Gotta agree with scott, real like layout of those shingles.

5 pounds? They are not half grown! Ride um out 10 weeks for 14 pounders!

I don't do that part, but it's around an hour. It's a hell of a lot better than turkey

For $3k it better be a good oven. She bought some rack that she cooks them in too.