Need RR alfalfa seed

BC Buck

5 year old buck +
Going to try 1/2 acre alfalfa and chicory in a spot that has yellow nut sedge. Looking for a supplier that sells small quantity's of rr alfalfa.

Glyphosate typically won't take care of nutsedge. Work on solving the sedge problem before you worry about planting or you will be spinning your wheels.

Call Bob ... he's fast ...

When you spray the alfalfa you'll kill the chickory

Yea, if you're mixing in chickory, don't spend the extra for RR alfalfa.

Keep in mind that RR alfalfa requires a technology agreement that precludes food plot use and requires specific harvest timing.

Thanks,

Jack

Call Bob ... he's fast ...
Who is Bob? Herd there was a supplier out of Florida but dont remember the name.

Glyphosate typically won't take care of nutsedge. Work on solving the sedge problem before you worry about planting or you will be spinning your wheels.

Been working on it for years. Yellow nutsedge takes over my NWSG and food plots. Clearcast/ Raptor seems to set it back but nothing seems to sole the problem. Trying to decide if go with RR seed and leave chickory out or use VNS seed with chickory. I want to see what the price difference is.

In S. IL roundup ready is over 400$ per bag and vns is usually 120-140$

RU will take care of nutsedge but it has to be sprayed early while it is still very small and be prepared to spray an additional time if needed. Usually takes a couple of sprays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe seedland has small quantities. I used a product called sedge hammer to get rid of mine, was tough to get rid of but that finally did it.

Keep in mind that RR alfalfa requires a technology agreement that precludes food plot use and requires specific harvest timing.

Thanks,

Jack
I have it from Seedland and didn't sign anything.

I have it from Seedland and didn't sign anything.

Perhaps not. I bought RR corn mail order from Rural King one year and they said nothing. Others reported getting phone calls after it was delivered asking for their Monsanto number. The next year, I had to provide the Monsanto number when you ordered it online. Could have been an oversight or intentional. Either way, the restrictions were still in place the last I checked. Corn and soybeans have no food plot usage restrictions.

Thanks,

Jack