Need Moultrie A900i trail cam help

trekrjill

Buck Fawn
Hello,

Background info: my indoor cat escaped a week ago and I bought a Moultrie trail cam to see if I could spot him around the out buildings (garage, shed, etc)

My problem is that the camera is not taking pictures during blocks of time and some are absolutely during motion that should have set it off.

Such as at 10:00 pm I have pics of me setting trap. again at 12:00 midnight of me walking out to check if a small trail of food I put down was eaten. Then the next pictures I have are at 6:00 AM but nothing between even though there's missing "treats" so I absolutely know there had to be movement from some type of animal.

I hope I'm describing all this correctly and someone could help. Why would the camera take a few pics then nothing for several hours but then take a few more pics?

TIA

It could be due to the position of the camera. It may need to be lowered or tilted further downward to pick up targets closer to ground level. The distance could also be a factor (too far to pick up smaller targets). You could also contact Moultrie. They have fairly good costumer service based on my experience.