Need assurance on grass id

I was thinking pulling seed heads and replanting that into crp which grows nothing but foot tall sparse grasses would be a decent idea for next spring. our crp ground was planted years ago and doesn't look very healthy.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

im cheap, go spend the $$ big boy! I don't tell people how to save $ on this site$$$
I'd say being savvy is a good thing. The prices for seed are insane, so I like the idea of using the free seed. I've taken your approach with the free seed from winter rye and would like to apply it to other aspects as well.

How tall are u nh? ;)

LOL, I'm not tall enough to play pro ball - only about 5' 9''. Indian is the second tallest grass here. The big blue is taller than it - I would say its 9 - 10 feet tall and the Indian is about 8.

Last edited:
LOL, I'm not tall enough to play pro ball - only about 5' 9''. Indian is the second tallest grass here. The big blue is taller than it - I would say its 9 feet tall and the Indian is about 7.
Hey buddy now those bucks your shooting might not be as big as they look haha. In all seriousness, your grass inspires me. Planting big blue tomorrow!
I'd say being savvy is a good thing. The prices for seed are insane, so I like the idea of using the free seed. I've taken your approach with the free seed from winter rye and would like to apply it to other aspects as well.

Sorry bruh, I'm just cheap. Kill some does for me;) ask ure clique for help. I've gone far enough just bringing it up.

not following, but that's some sound, helpful advice.

No prob, Thanks to your buddies, I don't care to save people $ any more. It's just not my game any more.

Hey buddy now those bucks your shooting might not be as big as they look haha. In all seriousness, your grass inspires me. Planting big blue tomorrow!

My best advice for planting big blue is don't get the seed over 1/4 inch deep and 1/2 at the absolute most. Lot's of grass fields in this area fail because the seed are drilled too deep.

I love the tall grass fields. They have a therapeutic effect on me....

I've also learned that mowing timing, height, and frequency based on local conditions are the key in maintaining it and getting it to do well. Every man doesn't fight the same war....

Last edited:
I also love the look of Indian when it goes to seed. I just wish it stood up all winter.

Here is a pic from today showing the height of my real world switch. Its quite a bit taller than my CIR fields.

The top of the side by side is 6 foot and some of the seed heads are over it. No way you see a deer in this stuff.

D98898EE-6EC0-48C7-99D2-8390E0F8252A.jpg

7F6BAF43-E295-4E37-B9F3-793F6FF3D7C1.jpg