Native Hunter - Property #2 - The Creek Bluff

Looks like a perfect pinch point off that knob!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think it will be. I’m looking forward to finding out.

I spent 10 hours today running a grinder and welder and scratching my head on my project. But still your still making me tired!

Yep I went up and down that bluff 3 times yesterday. I feel it.

Sore Native ?? - A nice shot of Jack D. with just a pinch of WD-40 ought to take the squeaks out !!!

Sore Native ?? - A nice shot of Jack D. with just a pinch of WD-40 ought to take the squeaks out !!!

Let's just say somewhat tired but still a lot of pep after a good night sleep.

It's funny you should mention Jack D, because I found what I think could be the remnants of an old still site. I found extremely old pieces of bricks and some rocks that looked hand shaped to me. It was just above the spring site I posted about earlier - and I'm just certain that flat spot on the hillside where the spring comes out has been hand dug in the past.

To top it off - the next hollow over is what has always been known as Moonshine Hollow by the locals. Got a little more cutting to do, but time to get out the metal detector pretty soon.

Update 3-30-19. I'm tied up with my real job most of next week, but my builder should get a lot done on the blind. Would love to be working on habitat more, but happy with what has been done so far.

to6Cy0Mh.jpg

Road I cleared down to the creek.

FYdq85xh.jpg

A little beauty.

6M2gdIyh.jpg

This is where the deer come on to the property from crossing creek.

3piM3DPh.jpg

Better get the Electrician and Plumber in there before buttoning it up all the way.

That thing is obscene. In a good way.

Agree with Mortenson - post #47. You could come to our camp and build one like that at our place ……………………….. so we can see first-hand how it's done. :emoji_grin:

It's gonna be a dandy spot to hunt from, Native.

Update 3-30-19. I'm tied up with my real job most of next week, but my builder should get a lot done on the blind. Would love to be working on habitat more, but happy with what has been done so far.

to6Cy0Mh.jpg

Bravo TV has a show called Million Dollar Listing. I think we could start a show called Million Dollar Trees Stands ... Native's stand would be the lead off hitter ... yikes that's a beast :emoji_astonished::emoji_thumbsup:

Steve,

Have you worked out the "access thing" to that stand?

bill

Steve,

Have you worked out the "access thing" to that stand?

bill

One method: Enter in the middle of the day. Hunt as many days as desired and enjoy the comforts of home each night. Leave in the middle of day when finished. I will have everything a guy needs to eat, bathe and be comfortable for a few days.

I also think that any time when it is daylight you could enter through the middle of the field and go undetected by just looking ahead with field glasses. A straight west wind might have a slight chance of getting you busted if a deer was bedded on the east point, but it would be slim due to elevation. The wind should not be a problem here. The problem is visual from needing to enter through the field.

Last year I took a walk in early on a foggy morning on the 4th day of gun season. I had already killed my buck and wasn't hunting, but just wanted to see what was going on. I saw a pretty 3 year old buck with my field glasses out in the field long before he saw me. If I had given him another 30 minutes he would have been back in the woods and I could have entered undetected.

I think deer will be in the fields a lot at night, daybreak and sunset. Those times would not be good to enter or exit. There is no way around this due to how everything lays. However, with just a little care a guy can hunt it well. I could also do that coyote howl that lots of guys do to clear the field if really necessary.

Fantastic!!!

The only major flaw I see is that you will have to reposition your sand bags every time you need to toss a beer can in the trash can. :emoji_grin:

I'm moving in.....

PkF4YGMh.jpg

k82AYiGh.jpg

ga9DpuPh.jpg

M57ECmYh.jpg

3gKhuoqh.jpg

And I found a female persimmon 32 yards away, so now I have a fruit tree to care for....:emoji_smiley:

fTJqkdRh.jpg

How does the new blind hunt? Did you spend much time in it this season?

How does the new blind hunt? Did you spend much time in it this season?

It hunts really nice, but the ironic thing is that I killed my deer this year walking in to the blind rather than from the blind...LOL. I expect that won't happen many times, but it did this time.

My son and I hunted from it for about the first 4 days. We had countless young bucks and does really close, and we would average seeing 10 or more deer on every set. But, we didn't have our target deer to come by. He had to go back to work, and I continued to hunt off and on. I went in late in the morning one day and met our target 8 chasing a doe and coming right from the direction of the blind.

The blind is really comfortable to hunt in, and I love being able to see so much territory. On one side I'm looking down over a bluff to a creek. On two sides I'm looking into the woods down shooting lanes I cut, and on the other side I'm looking across a clean field that was in soybeans and could shoot up to 300+ yards.

I must admit that I'm a little disappointed that we had only one mature buck to hunt during the season. We got him, but I felt like there should have been more around and we should have seen more. Another surprise was that we heard zero shots on the adjoining property. We were expecting a lot. That's a good thing unless it means that they hunted before season. I hope that isn't the case. I'm still excited about hunting here and looking forward to what the next year brings.