My wife's first deer

B

BJE80

I am happy to report my wife got her first deer ever during gun season in her second year of hunting. She was very happy to make a good shot on a deer and it died quickly. When I heard the boom my adrenalin pumped like I shot a deer myself.

She actually thought it was a doe when she shot it but it tunred out to be a nubby. I'm still very very happy and so is she.
We are getting the hide tanned and are going to hang up in the cabin.

Tracy_zps649c1df5.jpg

tracy2_zpsda8e237e.jpg

Congrats to the lucky lady! Looks like a healthy young deer.

Congrats! I'm sure you and your wife will always remember this success like it was yesterday. And it will be quite tasty :D

Congrats! I'm sure you and your wife will always remember this success like it was yesterday. And it will be quite tasty :D

Man it sure was tasty last night.

chops_zps832c8ef6.jpg

Congrats to your wife.

congrats! that is awesome...and the reward sure looks delicious!

Did she gut it with thst ring on?

Congrats to you and yours. Did she use that .270 & were the results of that what you expected?

Congrats to your wife!

Congrats to your wife! My best hunt ever was when I watched my wife shoot her first deer. Super exciting

Wonderful job and that looks like a nice meal!

Did she gut it with thst ring on?

Not a chance she was going to gut it. Baby steps. :)

Congrats to you and yours. Did she use that .270 & were the results of that what you expected?

Yes. .270. The bullet expanded a little fast I think and we will use 150 grains next year. It was a quick kill with no meat loss so you can't ask for anything more. If she hit shoulder in the future I would be worried.

Give her a hug for me!
Great job.

My wife got a nice deer this fall after not shooting a buck for quite a few years.

Nice job, and looks like delicious venison