All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My turn

Man, your place is turning out big bucks like crazy. I don't know what your secret is but I want some of it.... Congratulations on a dandy....

Congrats

This will sound misleading as it would seem it would hunt huge, but it's not. I have 240 acres of manipulated land. (Still manipulating)

I lease an additional 900 acres in one block. Sounds like a lot but it's about 350 acres open crop land with a few fingers of timber running through it. 400 of it is cow pasture which never gets hunted. It's not worth the time to sit with cows. Total huntable timber in 900 is about 150 acres.

Without really knowing it I bought in a unique area of Northern MO. I have huge neighbors. One with 4000 acres another with 1500 and another with 1000. There are a couple of smaller farms around but the bulk of the area is controlled by just a few people and I lucked into the middle of them.

Neighbors with big blocks certainly helps! No matter where you are neighborhood makes all the difference. I'm still not sure what goes around one of my farms during rifle but the reports from a neighbor have me nervous. My plan to rifle hunt it this year was interrupted by killing a nice buck with my bow the night before it opened so I spent the day taking care of him then had to head home Sunday. Good reason to miss it! Hopefully it wasn't as bad around there as the neighbor reported......

Congrats on a beauty and a great season, Bill !! It must feel good to see results from all your work on the land.;)

Thanks guys.
About 50% I'd like to claim I had something to do with.

50% was just dumb luck. But I'll take dumb luck any day when it comes to hunting.

Glad to see the host finally got his buck! Bet your ecstatic your farm is performing so well!

Nice buck there Bill. Hey Bill - smile more! It's OK - to be happy!!!!:D You just got a nice buck......not a traffic ticket!!!!!

Your place has been churning out some dandies this year. Not sure what your doing or how your doing it, but if you got a little extra, put some in a bottle and send some my way would ya?

Nice buck there Bill. Hey Bill - smile more! It's OK - to be happy!!!!:D You just got a nice buck......not a traffic ticket!!!!!

Your place has been churning out some dandies this year. Not sure what your doing or how your doing it, but if you got a little extra, put some in a bottle and send some my way would ya?

Yea after I got all the pics my brother took, I said you'd think a guy could smile. :)

I think it was day 20 in camp. Spend that many days with your brother and other guys in camp and tell me a smile comes natural :D
We all like each other but after a bit.....................

Yea after I got all the pics my brother took, I said you'd think a guy could smile. :)

I think it was day 20 in camp. Spend that many days with your brother and other guys in camp and tell me a smile comes natural :D

LOL! So true.

I hear ya. I got a buddy that I only see durning hunting season and sometimes I'm not sure what it is but I just want to slap him up side the head. You can have too much of a good thing! Still with a buck like that - I'd still be smiling!