My response to the brilliant folks at qdma site

Those penned deer must be pretty bada$$ed if they shed their skull plates along with the antlers and don't see any ill affects..........;)

Ok fine that one died previously that winter, why are we judging. I will say that they had monster bucks rutting on does in freakin april, that was the craziest thing i've seen deer wise before. Musta been all hopped up on Mtn Dew.

Not judging at all BV, just that those deer are so far from the reality of wild deer, who knows what's possible, and your post above proves it!

Threads regarding CWD, deer farms, politics, and probably another topic or two that I'm missing have a strong tendency to take a turn for the worst at some point.

Point well taken. So far, I think most folks posting to this thread have been respectful of each other in spite of having strong conflicting opinions. Personally, I think we need to openly discuss some of these more difficult topics to increase our understand of other viewpoints. The issue seem to be more how we discuss them rather than whether we discuss them. Controversial topics as John stated certainly have more tendency to get out of hand.

I've learned a lot and my personal position on CWD and many of these topics continues to evolve as I learn more and also see things from the vantage points of others.

Thanks,

jack

Not judging at all BV, just that those deer are so far from the reality of wild deer, who knows what's possible, and your post above proves it!

Oh yes I know, their not natural at all.

Point well taken. So far, I think most folks posting to this thread have been respectful of each other in spite of having strong conflicting opinions. Personally, I think we need to openly discuss some of these more difficult topics to increase our understand of other viewpoints. The issue seem to be more how we discuss them rather than whether we discuss them. Controversial topics as John stated certainly have more tendency to get out of hand.

I've learned a lot and my personal position on CWD and many of these topics continues to evolve as I learn more and also see things from the vantage points of others.

Thanks,

jack

Thats how some great posters got banned last time. If you wanna kick your own @$$ out the door, thats on you.

Oh yes I know, their not natural at all.
Did the ranch owner happen to say what that thing would have scored?

Did the ranch owner happen to say what that thing would have scored?

Yes it was 313 inches. I held it, holy mackeral, that thing weighed a lot!

It died because it was to heavy to hold its head up, it got an infected brain from to much insect damage.

Yes it was 313 inches. I held it, holy mackeral, that thing weighed a lot!
Crazy! And yeah, I was thinking it looked heavy, 20 lbs maybe more?

I think that deer farms should be allowed, but they should only be able to have deer densities equal to the wild populations around them. It seems to me that having 500+ deer per square mile is a great way to spread diseases. It's interesting that the state DNR's recommend limiting deer numbers to slow the CWD spread, but deer farmers can pack them in like sardines. But then again, who cares if they get sick and die because the government will send them a big fat check to pay for the dead deer when disease wipes them out. Those reimbursement checks from the government need to stop - if you want to be a deer farmer than take a risk like every other small business owner.

Thats how some great posters got banned last time. If you wanna kick your own @$$ out the door, thats on you.
That's not the plan for anyone here. Converse topics in a civil manner and everything will be all good. Nothing that I have seen posted in this thread has been out of line, let's keep it that way.

That's not the plan for anyone here. Converse topics in a civil manner and everything will be all good. Nothing that I have seen posted in this thread has been out of line, let's keep it that way.

Your next Bueller, watch it.
check.jpg

Deff more I would say between 30-40.
Well that was going to be my exact guess, but then I thought about it and said to myself, "no, that wouldn't be realistic, that's way too heavy", I guess not!:eek:

Well that was going to be my exact guess, but then I thought about it and said to myself, "no, that wouldn't be realistic, that's way too heavy", I guess not!:eek:

Yeah figures why he couldn't keep his head up, I'd have given up as well.

As long as Terry doesn't show up I think guys can keep it civil.

But time will tell.

Ben would you care to enlighten us on what checks these are? Are you talking payment for livestock that a state decides to kill on a farmer just to test?

No, the payments are for sick/dying deer. There were some pretty huge checks given to deer farmers from the government for their sick deer.